FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 24 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Hi,

dragging a class record entry to a character sheet to level up the character to level 10 creates following error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_char_A5E.lua"]:435: attempt to call field 'resolveRefNode' (a nil value).

Tested without any extensions exept the d&d official theme and the level up 5E official extension.

I guess itīs a problem with the heritage paragon gift, because itīs not added to the character sheet.

Thanks, we'll get that sorted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've pushed a hot fix to the patch system for that product. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've pushed a hot fix to the patch system for that product. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, JPG!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    This solved the problem. Thank you very much @Moon Wizard

I stumbled across a strange bug for creatures in the combat tracker, depending on NPC HP calculation. It seems anything with a flat CON modifier (score 10; +0 modifier) tends to enter the combat tracker with either 0 or 1 HP if the host is using Max or Random HP, respectively. After some playing around, comparing to other creatures, & tweaking, I found that adding " + 0 " to the HP fixes it.

Example: a Shadow has (4d8; bloodied 9) for its rolled HP. Depending on House Rule setting, it enters my tracker with only 0/1 HP. Tweaking the block to (4d8 + 0; bloodied 9) allows the Shadow to enter with either 32 or random HP.

I checked on a different creature (Shadow Demon) as well as removing the CON bonus on a different creature (Aboleth changed to 18d10 from 18d10+72). I also tried a "bare" (no extensions loaded at all; only used the A5E modules [adventurer's guide, monstrous menagerie, and trials & treasures]) table to confirm the source & it seems to be a table glitch.

My guess is that the table does not "like" the semicolon being a modifier in the HP stat before it finds a +.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aidan8et View Post
    I stumbled across a strange bug for creatures in the combat tracker, depending on NPC HP calculation. It seems anything with a flat CON modifier (score 10; +0 modifier) tends to enter the combat tracker with either 0 or 1 HP if the host is using Max or Random HP, respectively. After some playing around, comparing to other creatures, & tweaking, I found that adding " + 0 " to the HP fixes it.

Example: a Shadow has (4d8; bloodied 9) for its rolled HP. Depending on House Rule setting, it enters my tracker with only 0/1 HP. Tweaking the block to (4d8 + 0; bloodied 9) allows the Shadow to enter with either 32 or random HP.

I checked on a different creature (Shadow Demon) as well as removing the CON bonus on a different creature (Aboleth changed to 18d10 from 18d10+72). I also tried a "bare" (no extensions loaded at all; only used the A5E modules [adventurer's guide, monstrous menagerie, and trials & treasures]) table to confirm the source & it seems to be a table glitch.

My guess is that the table does not "like" the semicolon being a modifier in the HP stat before it finds a +.
    I bet you’re right about the semi-colon. I will work on a fix for that. Thanks for reporting!

The house rule NPC hit points option was never designed to work with any data other than the actual dice string in the HD field. I don't think it's ever worked with the EN Level Up data, because extra data was added in these products that is different than 5E official data.

I've pushed a new update to the Test channel to adapt the house rule routine to work with several examples from both official and Level Up data. Hopefully, this is sufficient to cover everything the Level Up team added to that field. The Test channel update is supposed to go Live this coming week.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Awesome, thank you JPG!

Really liking the Level Up A5E stuff so far, Zacchaeus' videos are very helpful.

Got a small request (well hopefully), is it possible to have the LUA5E extension automate the population of the Senses field with Darkvision 60 when the Clearsight Sentinel feat is added to a character?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Thread Information