DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Esper Genesis 5E - Bug Report

Esper Genesis 5E has been released today for FGU

As there does not appear to be a bug report thread, I thought I would start one.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

There appears to be a random spell in the module.

With no other modules loaded other than the Esper Genesis module activated I appear to have a single "Vampiric Touch" spell (marked as read only) - flagged as D&D Players Handbook - weid.....
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing:
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Looking at the module file, there appears to be two separate folder entries within:

- Esper Genesis Core Manual
    - Esper Genesis Core Manual Players

These seem to contain duplicate images folders which makes we wonder if there should be two separate modules available to load - one for the players and another for the GM?
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing:
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Looking at the product page it identifies one of the itemised entries as:

"A fully integrated starship combat system"

I couldnt see any Esper Genesis extensions to load or any entries within FGU other than in the reference manual for starship combat.

Is there supposed to be dedicated entries for and its just missing? Or is the sales pitch on the product page take some liberties with the description as it implies that starship combat is fully integrated within the FGU product but in reality there are only entries in the reference manual?

I was hoping there would be dedicated records for the starships in some way containing the stats for the ships.
    Last edited by ColinBuckler; March 1st, 2022 at 21:58.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing:
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Hi Colin, thanks for setting up a sticky, I'm really flattered you think this product deserves one. I am the FG converter for this product.

"There appears to be a random spell in the module.

With no other modules loaded other than the Esper Genesis module activated I appear to have a single "Vampiric Touch" spell (marked as read only) - flagged as D&D Players Handbook - weid....."

Easy fix, not sure how that slipped in.

"Looking at the module file, there appears to be two separate folder entries within:

- Esper Genesis Core Manual
    - Esper Genesis Core Manual Players

These seem to contain duplicate images folders which makes we wonder if there should be two separate modules available to load - one for the players and another for the GM?"

Yep, the main module should be activated by the DM. The Player module is optional to share vs the main module to your players if you want to keep the data share size lower. If that's not how you see it let me know and I will get with SmiteWorks to correct it.

"Looking at the product page it identifies one of the itemised entries as:

"A fully integrated starship combat system"

I couldnt see any Esper Genesis extensions to load or any entries within FGU other than in the reference manual for starship combat.

Is there supposed to be dedicated entries for and its just missing? Or is the sales pitch on the product page take some liberties with the description as it implies that starship combat is fully integrated within the FGU product but in reality there are only entries in the reference manual?

I was hoping there would be dedicated records for the starships in some way containing the stats for the ships."

The reference to a fully integrated starship combat system was from the product page itself referring to the published rules which can be found in the Reference Manual. Working on an extension for Starship Operations, EG unique language, updated PC sheets, etc is on my to do list after I am done converting the Threats Database and the Master's Technician Guide. I'm working on this line as a part-time freelancer so bear with me as I focus my free time on getting the content out.

Keep updating this thread with what you find, I'll continue to polish the product

Cheers,

Greg
    Last edited by GregRex; March 3rd, 2022 at 15:38.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response - I am really, really please that this has been created and that its a modue for 5E rather than a separate ruleset as it gives us access to all of the 5E resources and extensions thats already available.

For me - two separate modules that you choose to load (one for GM and one for players) is what we are used to, this is how the WOTC adventure modules are setup as well as other products.

Infact, I have just fired up FGU and connected with a client - there appears to only be the "Esper Genesis Core Manual" available regardless of the GM or Player. Which would mean the Players module is not available to load resulting in duplicated information which is not accessable.

I also see that the new skills are not available on a newly created character - I believe an extension for this would be required. Not a worry as I can knock something up for that.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing:
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response - I am really, really please that this has been created and that its a modue for 5E rather than a separate ruleset as it gives us access to all of the 5E resources and extensions thats already available.

For me - two separate modules that you choose to load (one for GM and one for players) is what we are used to, this is how the WOTC adventure modules are setup as well as other products.
    I'll reach out to SmiteWorks to see if I set that up incorrectly.

Infact, I have just fired up FGU and connected with a client - there appears to only be the "Esper Genesis Core Manual" available regardless of the GM or Player. Which would mean the Players module is not available to load resulting in duplicated information which is not accessable.

I also see that the new skills are not available on a newly created character - I believe an extension for this would be required. Not a worry as I can knock something up for that.
    And yes, the new EG skills need to be dragged and dropped to the PC sheet. They are available in the sidebar's Skills group. My Extension idea is to override the default 5e skills with the EG Core Manual skills. That will be further down the road as I'm trying to get the Threats Database to QA before the month is out.

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    That will be further down the road as I'm trying to get the Threats Database to QA before the month is out.
    Oooooo..... shiny ....

Dare I ask about the Master Technicians Guide? And even further doen the line the Cerberus Arcology....? <opens wallet and peers inside>
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)

Currently Playing:
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Oooooo..... shiny ....

Dare I ask about the Master Technicians Guide? And even further doen the line the Cerberus Arcology....? <opens wallet and peers inside>
    Yep, that will be third. Hopefully Expedition from the Mysterious Peaks if the publisher is happy with my work But I do want to hold off on looking into extension building until all 3 of the core rulebooks are done so I have a better grasp of what we need as an EG community on Fantasy Grounds.

Nice module, thanks GridRex,

Another bug from me:

Edit: Just tried again after updating and did not see the problem... Maybe it has been fixed already :-)
    When dragging a class (Engineer) to a new character, it does not populate the Features (Call Rig, Forging & Technical Specialty).
    If I open the Engineer Class dialog and try to drag them in manually, I get an error in the chat window:
    Unable to find record to match link dropped. Check to make sure the correct modules are open.
    If I open one of them, e.g. the Call Rig and drag from the open dialog, it populates correctly.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the other books and some adventures.

Also, it would be great if we could get a nice Theme extension... that would round it off nicely.
    Last edited by ianmward; March 4th, 2022 at 08:14.

Thread Information