5E Character Create Playlist
    Blog Entries

Table Import Function in CoreRPG - Where are the instructions?

Okay. I give up. I've been searching for 1/2 hour now, looking for the instructions on how to invoke the Table Import functionality of CoreRPG.
    Where might they be?
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Okay. I give up. I've been searching for 1/2 hour now, looking for the instructions on how to invoke the Table Import functionality of CoreRPG.
    Where might they be?
    On the table record window, click the pencil. It will reveal the "import" button then a window will come up to paste in the text.... assuming thats what you're missing.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset FGU Reference Module, or Web.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Thanks celestian. Dang! I hate it when I am that stupid! I was looking for something on the table data dialog itself. Aargh!
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    I think Minty is looking for instruction on the use of it. I would expect it to be found here; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Random+Results
    But there is nothing there on this functionality and I could not quickly find it either.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    @celestian and @ LordEntrails
    You're both right.
    How to invoke it and then how to use it.

But I remembered using celestian's extension and just hoped it would be similar. It was.

If I may be so bold celestian, if you would please put a couple comments at the top of your table importer thread because about 99% of the hits that you get when you search the FG site for "import table" point to your thread.

Just something simple like, "Follow the instructions below."

@celestian and @ LordEntrails
    You're both right.
    How to invoke it and then how to use it.

But I remembered using celestian's extension and just hoped it would be similar. It was.

If I may be so bold celestian, if you would please put a couple comments at the top of your table importer thread because about 99% of the hits that you get when you search the FG site for "import table" point to your thread.

Just something simple like, "Follow the instructions below."
    My extension that the table importer seems to be based on is no longer supported. This is the first line: NOTICE: 3.3.12+ is now live and I've retired this extension. This means I will no longer update. Table Importer is now with CoreRPG.

Is that what you mean?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    No. Not really. Following that link led me down a rabbit hole that I no way helped me learn how to invoke nor how to use the CoreRPG builtin functionality. Following the link indicates that I should use the CoreRPG’s functionality, just as you say, but it doesn’t help me DO it.

The way that the table import functionality is implemented in the CoreRPG is so similar to your old extension that had I just read the first page of your thread, I would have immediately known what to do.

No. Not really. Following that link led me down a rabbit hole that I no way helped me learn how to invoke nor how to use the CoreRPG builtin functionality. Following the link indicates that I should use the CoreRPG’s functionality, just as you say, but it doesn’t help me DO it.

The way that the table import functionality is implemented in the CoreRPG is so similar to your old extension that had I just read the first page of your thread, I would have immediately known what to do.
    I'll link to the video Zack posted about at the top of my old thread
    ---

Blog Entries
    Thanks celestian.
    Thanks Zacchaeus

And oddly enough Zacchaeus I was at that video list page. I got a little tired reading video titles about 6 or 7 lines down and did a page search (ctrl-F) for “import”. No hits. Word not found. I hate when search lies to me ��
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; March 1st, 2022 at 22:01.

Thread Information