STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

World of Darkness 20th Anniversary Edition Ruleset (Revive) for FGU

Hi guys!

I decided to continue to support and further develop the wonderful ruleset of the respected earthworm3 ! (Link to the thread).
    Now this is a single ruleset for the old World of Darkness 20th Anniversary Edition (support for the lines of Vampires, Werewolves and Magi, with plans to add Changelings and Wraiths).

In this topic, I will post new versions, TODO lists, perhaps a small FAQ.
    Found bugs please post in this thread.

For starters, I post links to the stable rulesets (inside there are folders broken down by version) and the current beta version.
    Link to Google Drive.

Changelog

v0.4.6
    New stable version!
    The main dish is the support of character sheets from the Changeling: The Dreaming and Wraith: The Oblivion lines (as well as a simple sheet for a Mortal)! Remember, the character sheet switching menu is triggered by right-clicking on the More button.
    There are also a lot of fixes and changes under the hood aimed at cleaning, optimization, and so on.
    As always, breaking changes possible, backup your campaign before switching version!

v0.3.0
    Attention, breaking changes!
    A lot of refactoring and cleaning of xml schemas and lua code. The charsheets of the characters from the old version of the ruleset will be partially broken, you may have to re-configure some of the traits or even recreate the character.
    Be careful if you are going to use the new version in the old campaign - it would probably be a good idea to finish it first with the previous version of the ruleset, lol. Or just backup the campaign for a quick rollback and see all the new changes.
    Therefore:
    - added "+/-" buttons for each trait to add/remove dots accordingly.
    - added trait editing buttons that display/hide the above buttons.
    - the trait roll is now performed by double-clicking on the dots, and not the trait name.
    - slightly changed the colors for the charsheets of the game lines, for a more obvious difference between them, small decorative elements were added to the main screen. Work on other tabs to add similar decorative elements will continue in future versions.
    - the tabs themselves are given abbreviated names instead of page numbering.
    - many identical scripts have been removed (duplication of functionality).
    - a bit of game logic for dice rolls, for example, the botch will not be used for damage rolls or soaking rolls.
    - other minor changes that I have already forgotten about myself.
    Last edited by Meldon; May 20th, 2022 at 17:06. Reason: New v0.4.6 release

faq / howto

// todo
    Last edited by Meldon; May 20th, 2022 at 17:09.

ROADMAP/ WISHES

v0.5

• The ability to add sublists to powers, in which you can choose combinations of attributes and abilities to roll a specific branch of power, fields for spending some resources, fields for individual difficulty;
    • Changeable size of Blood Pool, some hot-buttons for more quick filling/spending (i.e. +2 BP, +5 BP, -2 BP, -5 BP);
    • The ability to create entries describing the power in the side panel for a simple drag and drop on the character sheet. Automate creating and filling powers;

Some future

• Some Shapechanging buttons for Werewolf charsheet;
    • More entries in side panel;
    • Support for some useful effects in CT;
    • Ruleset to the Forge;
    Last edited by Meldon; May 29th, 2022 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    Hi guys!

I decided to continue to support and further develop the wonderful ruleset of the respected earthworm3 ! (Link to the thread).
    Now this is a single ruleset for the old World of Darkness 20th Anniversary Edition (support for the lines of Vampires, Werewolves and Magicians, with plans to add Changelings and Wraiths).

In this topic, I will post new versions, TODO lists, perhaps a small FAQ.
    Found bugs please post in this thread.

For starters, I post links to the latest version from the old thread and the current beta version.
    Link to Google Drive.
    I look forward to further updates on this ruleset...I've already begun using it and my players are loving it.

Thanks so much...keep up the great work...and keep the ruleset going please !!

Nice! Love seeing more WoD stuff getting to FGU.

Love, love LOVE IT!!!

I'm not just missing something am I? I mean there isn't any library for this. We supply our own manuals and this is just like a pen'n'paper character sheet, right? I haven't even tried to see if the CT works...just too excited!!!

This was from the old thread...but it is something that I am currently 'stuck' on as well:

Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    Sorry I probably wasn't clear.

Like in other rulesets there are the buttons across the side of the desktop where you have tabs such as "Story", "Tables" etc

It would be nice to have a spot for Clan, Disciples and Bloodlines like where you'd have "Race", "Feats" and "Special Abilities" in say Pathfinder.

This is something that, for me, is a nearly must have.

EDIT: and just to be clear, VtM 5E has 'buttons' for: Characters, Images, Story, SPCS, Items, Vehicles, Disciplines, Predators, Notes, Tables, Quests, Encounters, Parcels, Clans, Merits, and Skills
    Last edited by Kingfish; March 18th, 2022 at 10:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    This was from the old thread...but it is something that I am currently 'stuck' on as well:

This is something that, for me, is a nearly must have.

EDIT: and just to be clear, VtM 5E has 'buttons' for: Characters, Images, Story, SPCS, Items, Vehicles, Disciplines, Predators, Notes, Tables, Quests, Encounters, Parcels, Clans, Merits, and Skills
    Yeah, I understand what functionality you want, I'll think about implementing it in future versions, especially about Disciplines. Characters, Images, Story, Quests, Notes, Encounters and NPCs can be created anyway, this functionality is built into CoreRPG, from which our ruleset also inherits.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    Yeah, I understand what functionality you want, I'll think about implementing it in future versions, especially about Disciplines. Characters, Images, Story, Quests, Notes, Encounters and NPCs can be created anyway, this functionality is built into CoreRPG, from which our ruleset also inherits.
    Thanks for considering this! Your work on this is just capital! Much appreciated and if there is anything I can do to assist, let me know.

Thread Information