Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Driving me crazy!

Could anyone create, or does anyone know about, an extension that would automatically fit images to the window when they are shared by the DM? Right now every image shared is so small and I have to manually fit shared images to the window each time. It's not hard to do, it's just super annoying and seems like something that could be easily fixed.

Thanks in advance.

It's up to the GM/DM, if the DM sizes the image before sharing it it will show at that size to the players

How are you resizing?

When I import an image, there is a single button you can press which stretches the image to the full window size. If you're not aware of what is it, I can open up the programme and screenshot it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Springroll View Post
    It's up to the GM/DM, if the DM sizes the image before sharing it it will show at that size to the players
    I'm using FGU playing 5e. So I am the DM, and it doesn't seem to matter if I fit the image to the window before sharing it. The image always shows up way zoomed out to the players. I've even tried logging into my own campaign as a player with no luck.

I even emailed fantasy grounds customer support directly and this is what they said:

"Hello,

Thank you for using Fantasy Grounds!

No, there isn’t a way to share the map the same way you see it. If you would like the players to zoom in on a particular spot on the map, you could add their tokens from the combat tracker, and the map will center on their token.

Have a great week, and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know."
    Last edited by gamertime100; February 28th, 2022 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    How are you resizing?

When I import an image, there is a single button you can press which stretches the image to the full window size. If you're not aware of what is it, I can open up the programme and screenshot it for you.
    Hello,

So I know about that button. It's great. I use it all the time. I'm just looking for an extension or something so I don't have to hit that button everytime an image is shared. A way that button is automatically hit for me each time an image is shared.

Thanks
    Last edited by gamertime100; February 28th, 2022 at 15:53.

Oh, ok. I've not signed-in as a player to confirm so I may have been assuming the players got a full screen image as I had previously zoomed-in to show.

Blog Entries
    open image, (size window as desired), Toggle Toolbar > Zoom to Fit

Screen Shot 02-28-22 at 08.51 AM.PNG

You can also Right Click > View Zoom to Fit, or Zoom to Fill, or Reset Zoom.

As well, in the Play controls of the image control panel is Zoom to Extents.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ages+as+the+GM
    Last edited by LordEntrails; February 28th, 2022 at 15:59.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    open image, (size window as desired), Toggle Toolbar > Zoom to Fit
    Screen Shot 02-28-22 at 08.51 AM.PNG
    Yes, that button is great and I use it all the time. But I'm looking for a way that button would automatically be clicked everytime an image is shared. It's just a pain to click that button constantly, since every image shared is always very zoomed out.

Thanks
    Last edited by gamertime100; February 28th, 2022 at 16:01.

Then I'm sorry if I led you astray, I'm always the DM myself and have only tested it logged in as a player an then if I change the size of an image it will retain this size to my player view

Quote Originally Posted by Springroll View Post
    Then I'm sorry if I led you astray, I'm always the DM myself and have only tested it logged in as a player an then if I change the size of an image it will retain this size to my player view
    Weird, in FGU 5e, for me and my players, any images I share are always zoomed out. It doesn't matter if I Zoom into the image before sharing it.

Thanks

Thread Information