STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

When is the next FG Con?

It seems like there should be something about 2022 FG Con? Also where is the best place to look for online conventions?

Nothing organized by the community - see the post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post595077
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's really weird that FGU - a game app - does not run something like this themselves.

Honestly surprised its left to community to do it. Which of course, is asking a lot as its a lot of work for them, which makes it completely understandable why they decided to "pass" on taking on that workload.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

SmiteWorks didn't decide to pass on organizing future FG Cons. They just have different plans from the twice-yearly community organized FG Cons. As noted in the post I reference above: "It is, however, with great pleasure that I can tell you the name FG Con will live on! SmiteWorks are taking ownership of the FG Con name with our blessing and full support! SmiteWork’s exact plans for FG Con events will be outlined by them at a later date..."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    SmiteWorks didn't decide to pass on organizing future FG Cons. They just have different plans from the twice-yearly community organized FG Cons. As noted in the post I reference above: "It is, however, with great pleasure that I can tell you the name FG Con will live on! SmiteWorks are taking ownership of the FG Con name with our blessing and full support! SmiteWork’s exact plans for FG Con events will be outlined by them at a later date..."
    I've heard that... but not "seen" that. Or even a hint of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I've heard that... but not "seen" that. Or even a hint of it.
    That doesn't mean they've passed on doing anything - at this point they just haven't done anything public yet. They accepted the responsibility of taking it on, not taking on that responsibility would be passing - IMO to "pass" you have to actually say that you're passing/not doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That doesn't mean they've passed on doing anything - at this point they just haven't done anything public yet. They accepted the responsibility of taking it on, not taking on that responsibility would be passing - IMO to "pass" you have to actually say that you're passing/not doing anything.
    Things get lost in priorities. It's been almost a year so I'm less inclined to "believe" that stating something will be done is the same as actually getting it done - and am more inclined to believe its been added to a todo list of indeterminate priority... and that is not the same thing at all. It's more like this... (and to be clear I was talking about the community having passed on doing FGCON because of the workload which was understandable)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 28th, 2022 at 05:30.

Fantasy Grounds Academy is running a Dave Middleton memorial convention in May: https://warhorn.net/events/david-mid...-vr4xrQV-H46WU

FG Academy is helping to promote and organize the upcoming Dave Middleton memorial Convention event. This will actually be a combined effort with Smiteworks and the community
    FG Academy will be doing our annual FGA Founder's Day Event at the end of July this year. 07/29/22 to 07/31/22. The San Diego Comic-Con is the weekend before.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

David Middleton Memorial Con: May 13th-15th
    Organized by the community & supported by Smiteworks and the FG Academy on Warhorn.
    https://warhorn.net/events/david-middleton-memorial-con
    **If you are already running games or streaming, please consider adding the non-profit fund-raiser to your overlay or links in David's honor.
    https://www2.heart.org/site/TR/FunRa...nal&fr_id=3930
    DMMC_Ad.png
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information