DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Was poking around the interwebs today and noticed that the python script has been updated to also now parse a file called bestiary-sublist-data.json. Is there a different way to make/pin a list of monsters for export similar to how the lists for spells are created? When I highlight a bunch of monsters and right-click on them I just see "Popout" and "Add".

Oh yeah! I forgot that the command for the beasts is add instead of pin. I'm not sure why they have a different term, but I'll update both the forum and the github to include the different usage of terms. Hopefully the list will come out very nicely! Also, I haven't been able to do the spells tab just yet as that is requiring a very hefty amount of tweaking of data.

First I tried all the monsters except the CRB and the Bestiaries and this is what I get:

Code:
    PS H:\FG_TEMP\PF2E-Tools-To-FantasyGround-main> py -3.9 pythonparser.py
    Please have the Usage Requirements text within the folder
    By using this tool, you agree to the Usage Requirements
    By using this tool, you agree to the OGL
    Type N disagree and leave the tool: Y
    Please enter a new name if you would like to change the current name (pf2e_tools) to something different 
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "H:\FG_TEMP\PF2E-Tools-To-FantasyGround-main\pythonparser.py", line 956, in <module>
        main()
      File "H:\FG_TEMP\PF2E-Tools-To-FantasyGround-main\pythonparser.py", line 950, in main
        writeDBFile()
      File "H:\FG_TEMP\PF2E-Tools-To-FantasyGround-main\pythonparser.py", line 891, in writeDBFile
        writeMonsters(rootXML)
      File "H:\FG_TEMP\PF2E-Tools-To-FantasyGround-main\pythonparser.py", line 778, in writeMonsters
        monsterAbilityToXML(offensiveProactiveElement, beast.get('abilitiesBot')[i], i + 1)
      File "H:\FG_TEMP\PF2E-Tools-To-FantasyGround-main\pythonparser.py", line 235, in monsterAbilityToXML
        descriptionString += newLineCharacter + '- Frequency: ' + dictionary.get('frequency')
    TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "dict") to str
    PS H:\FG_TEMP\PF2E-Tools-To-FantasyGround-main>
    No mod file gets written.

I then tried just the first two monsters from that same list (Abberton Ruffians & Abbot Tsujon) and it was able to create the module. Maybe a data issue in the json data?

Sadly it is a change in the source formatting. I was checking out the patch notes for today on pf2e tools and it changed the typing for for frequency to a duct type. It'll be fixed within the hour

Yeah, in debugging using Visual Studio Code I was seeing errors thrown in the Frequency JSON tag.

No errors importing now now. Seeing some inconsistencies such as in the Anadi Seeker (actually all the Anadi have this issue) under "Anadi Venom". The only bit that was imported was: (poison);.

Will the proper import of spells into the spell tab be a thing at some point?

That is something that I want to try and accomplish. The spells in the actual spell tab are very different and require a lot more messing with data to get it functioning properly. However, it is something I also want to try and get. Sadly, I don't know about the actual actions, but fantasy ground has a way to parse spells so that they have the proper actions appended to them. That way all you have to do is right click on the entry and click reparse.

The venom seems to be really odd. I'll try and look into why it isn't parsing the entire thing as usually it would come with the affliction and name. I'll take a look at it, but it might not be fixed tonight.

Everything should be working now. The poison was definitely odd, but I realized my mistake as I manually put in a tag. It should be fixed now. Thank you very much for reporting the errors!

Quote Originally Posted by Holo74 View Post
    Everything should be working now. The poison was definitely odd, but I realized my mistake as I manually put in a tag. It should be fixed now. Thank you very much for reporting the errors!
    Hello. This is very helpful.
    Regarding PF2e for Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    I'm wondering about how to convert a JSON file export , (like the pathbuilder export) into a suitable. Fantasy Grounds Unity XML to import.

Do you have advice?
    My google searches say it can be done, I'm just not sure, what the best converter is currently? Where to find it?

So, the data from pathbuilder is very basic. It follows the idea that it'll only provide what is absolutely needed and nothing more. The data is pretty much names and modifications to the base data. I've tried to understand how I can import the character, yet it seems like you'll need to do it from within fantasy grounds itself. The reason I say that is you don't really know how to convert the names to a full character sheet without some points of reference. I personally don't have the skills to create an extension that does the conversion within fantasy grounds. It's kind of a big project that requires a very good understanding of how the data is coming from pathbuilder and how to convert it into fantasy grounds formatting. That would be the first step if you want to make the characters yourself. You would need to make an extension for fantasy grounds that reads the data into the character sheet. Almost like a creature parser, but for players. Hopefully this helps and I'm glad to see that the tool still functions after all this time.

Thread Information