FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Beta 2022-02 String field offsets

I have a few string fields that have the following setup:

line offset: 2
    frame offset: 5,0,0,0
    Frame: none (transparent)
    font :Sheet text

On test the text is being jammed into the the underline. On live the text is several pixels above the line.
    Last edited by bayne7400; February 18th, 2022 at 21:20.

Screenshot_20220218_211318.png

I tried a new campaign, no extensions etc., just OSE ruleset. All the NPCs have the text line like this.

I would adjust your line offset. I think a 1 or 0 might fix the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hey Super Teddy. I know how to fix this but this is a crap ton of controls I need to update. I am wondering what did you guys change and was it intentional?

I tested out moving them to zero and -1. -1 seemed to be about the same as it was on live as far as positioning. Before I go change every single offset I would like to know if this was on purpose or whatever changed is going to revert.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I tested out moving them to zero and -1. -1 seemed to be about the same as it was on live as far as positioning. Before I go change every single offset I would like to know if this was on purpose or whatever changed is going to revert.
    if you do end up having to make all those changes, try using some templates instead!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    if you do end up having to make all those changes, try using some templates instead!
    Haha good call. Was really our first ruleset so lots of learning with this one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I am wondering what did you guys change and was it intentional?
    There are changes to underlining in the code currently in test: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post639335
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There are changes to underlining in the code currently in test: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post639335
    I see it now thank you! I guess I know what I am doing

By default, the lineoffset of zero should map to the underline setting defined in the font you are using. If the underline offset is off, it may be because the underline offset defined in the font itself is not correct.

In the CoreRPG and other built-in rulesets, I removed the lineoffset/controloffset values (i.e. set to zero); because they are no longer needing adjustment with the default font (Noto Sans).

If you need to edit the fonts to fix the underline offset, you can use an open source tool like FontForge to edit the font information and rebuild the font.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information