FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Tokens Vanishing when moving

I'm having an issue when my players try to move, using 5E.
    When the DM approves the move, the token vanishes, and the player's map turn dark.

I already turned off all mods, and still getting this issue.
    I'm attaching the prints
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by deniskei View Post
    I'm having an issue when my players try to move, using 5E.
    When the DM approves the move, the token vanishes, and the player's map turn dark.

I already turned off all mods, and still getting this issue.
    I'm attaching the prints
    Yeah, this has been happening for a few weeks now, in both Savage Worlds and 5e games I have played.
    DM approves move, token slides along then vanishes off the map and has to be dragged back on from the Combat Tracker.

On the Savage Worlds game I was the GM, on the D&D game I was a player.

You should attach your campaign files as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I can, but I just opened a new campaign, and the same thing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You should attach your campaign files as well.
    Here's the files
    Attached Files Attached Files

I experienced the same thing. I don't typically use DM approved movement, so turned it off and all worked fine (note: not suggesting this as fix, just what happened).

Same here. I assumed user error and didn't grab the logs unfortunately. It has happened on a couple of different sessions, on a couple of different maps, and whilst random in when it occurs, once it has it feels like there's an actual hole in the map (which there isn't) that the token falls through, and will do so more than once, but not every token. Strange. Obviously if it happens again I'll grab logs, but just wanted to let whomever know that it's affecting more than 1 person. All the maps were using layers, with at least one layer being made transparent, but still using the LoS info from it (replacing modules low res maps with higher res replacements) if that offers any insight?

Cheers,

Simon

p.s. removed campaign zip as it's probably not useful
    Last edited by Ludd_G; February 18th, 2022 at 19:12.

I'll go ahead and add my 2 cents as well. This has been happened the last couple of games we've had, but I'm running a Pathfinder 1e game. After adding the character back to the map a few times it seems to work fine with no other issue.

I can't recreate the issue, but I don't have most of the extensions listed in the two example campaign provided above.

@deniskei and @Ludd_G you're both running some of the same extensions (and Ludd_G you're running a lot of extensions - 68, so I'm hardly surprised you're not seeing correct behaviour), so I'd look at the extensions you're running as a possible cause of the issue (look at these first: TurnBasedEffects, AutomaticPackTactics, AdvancedEffects, KitNKaboodle, ClearDead). If you can recreate in a completely new campaign without any extensions then please provide exact steps to recreate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Same campaign, no extensions. Running second player instance, using Kikuchiyo, token lock 'on', running the token backwards and forward several times (I spent around 5 minutes doing this) in the area indicated on the screen grab, and poof! the token vanished.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Simon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information