Joshua Stream Pre
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Waterloo, On. Canada
    Posts
    55
    Hey, I'm not sure if this is the place to put this but there seems to be something missing from the SWADE rulebook. There is no 'Rules' section and there is no scale modifier table for instance.
    Last edited by rathen45; April 27th, 2022 at 18:28.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by rathen45 View Post
    Hey, I'm not sure if this is the place to put this but there seems to be something missing from the SWADE rulebook. There is no 'Rules' section and there is no scale modifier table for instance.
    Yeah. Definitely the wrong place to post. Please make your own thread in the Savage Worlds section and provide more details and some screenshots. Thanks.

  3. #33
    The Party Sheet - Other tab - the GM and Players can add NPCs and can drag them to the Allies section of character sheets (and drag them back to the party sheet when they are no longer using them)
    Allies.png

  4. #34
    I feel Ikael's GIF should be added into the Wiki

    sw530_03 Lighting.jpg

    Demonstrates adding effects to items that toggle with equipped status.

    It is a GIF file despite being renamed to jpg by the forum software.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7/sw530_03.gif

  5. #35
    The following effects should be added to the wiki:

    Extra action card [Action Card +1] ... handy when you have abilities that stack extra action card draws like Level Headed + Favoured Terrain
    Difficult Ground [Halve #Movement] ... Good to help people move tokens in respect to a temporary movement restriction.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; May 25th, 2022 at 04:25.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

  6. #36
    Thanks Lonewolf, added. Movement seems slightly borked right now and I'm not sure it is on purpose, but I did notice that "Pace +1d" got changed to "Run +1d"...

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    Thanks Lonewolf, added. Movement seems slightly borked right now and I'm not sure it is on purpose, but I did notice that "Pace +1d" got changed to "Run +1d"...
    I can't comment on any movement problems this week. All I can do is hopefully explain how the movement modifiers interact. They are different calculations for run and pace. Which are done separately.

    Pace never has a die value. The only interaction they have it when the total run roll is produced: Pace + Run die. Pace is just a number that will accept addition or subtraction. [Pace +1] or [Pace -1]. If you wanted to say double pace 6 to 12 you could use [pace +6]. Or even [Pace =12]. However it will not actually do anything automatically outside of the run roll. A player and GM would have recognise that change in the CT manually since it never called by any other function.

    Run on the other hand always has a die value and defaults to d6. So [Run +1d] gives d8. Once again this will not actually do anything automatically outside of the run roll.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; June 25th, 2022 at 21:11.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I feel Ikael's GIF should be added into the Wiki

    sw530_03 Lighting.jpg

    Demonstrates adding effects to items that toggle with equipped status.

    It is a GIF file despite being renamed to jpg by the forum software.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7/sw530_03.gif
    This perhaps also worth a bit of deeper dive into adding effects via the CT. The lights values are coded into the rules set and used to populate the menu buttons. You can go into the setup window and open up the default values and change them. lights.PNG

    However this is a campaign specific change. The old values will reload when you start a new campaign. As an alternative you can drag your changes to the effects window and save the changes as a module. Which can be loaded to give back you changes. lights 2.PNG

    The important thing here is to understand how these work in the CT. The code [LIGHT:3/5] will produce a token light to a radius of 5" which will reveal other tokens but it will cast a shadow effect beyond 3". lights 3.jpg
    It is also possible to have a no extended shadow. A small candle could just use one number [LIGHT:1]

    The cool thing is if that code is on an item that player picked up and has equipped. They just pick up a lamp and turned it on. Working out vision modifiers is a bit harder since there is no VISION command for the CT in SWADE and other rulesset that use it as a base. What we have instead is three hard coded vision systems which are triggered by having a name string added to charcter sheet. To make matters worst in Pathfinder the links are slightly broken. There is actual editing errors in the rulebook so fault is with Pinnacle here.

    First lets learn the manual method of to assign a token vision. Use the map controls to add the right vision when the token is selected vision.jpg
    In SWADE adding the same name as an edge will automatically add the token light when dragged to the map. Add "nightvision" as an edge and you token will see in green for example.

    The last thing to remember is none of this will touch dice rolls. That is another effect system and so far we have only looked and what changed the game graphics and LOS. Lighting dice mechanics are not related to the computer graphics players see. Add the penalty for illumination as a global effect. Characters with an ability to avoid it get a modifier. Here is a quick list of of all CT effects I think of: Take the penalty and half it [Half #Illumination], Ignore the penalty [Ignore #Illumination], Ignore everything except pitch black [Ignore #Dim #Dark]. You could also use a number like [Ignore #Illumination -4]
    Last edited by Lonewolf; June 25th, 2022 at 23:29.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    This perhaps also worth a bit of deeper dive into adding effects via the CT. The lights values are coded into the rules set and used to populate the menu buttons. You can go into the setup window and open up the default values and change them. Attachment 53299

    However this is a campaign specific change. The old values will reload when you start a new campaign. As an alternative you can drag your changes to the effects window and save the changes as a module. Which can be loaded to give back you changes. Attachment 53300

    The important thing here is to understand how these work in the CT. The code [LIGHT:3/5] will produce a token light to a radius of 5" which will reveal other tokens but it will cast a shadow effect beyond 3"
    These attachments are not working for me.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    I can't comment on any movement problems this week. All I can do is hopefully explain how the movement modifiers interact. They are different calculations for run and pace. Which are done separately.

    Pace never has a die value. The only interaction they have it when the total run roll is produced: Pace + Run die. Pace is just a number that will accept addition or subtraction. [Pace +1] or [Pace -1]. If you wanted to say double pace 6 to 12 you could use [pace +6]. Or even [Pace =12]. However it will not actually do anything automatically outside of the run roll. A player and GM would have recognise that change in the CT manually since it never called by any other function.

    Run on the other hand always has a die value and defaults to d6. So [Run +1d] gives d8. Once again this will not actually do anything automatically outside of the run roll.
    I think you misunderstand my point.
    On the effects page right now it say that you have to write Pace +1d to increase your running die when in fact it should be Run +1d. I'm aware that Pace does not have a die value, but that was what the effect is called on the Wiki - either because it used to be this way but got changed later or because it just got written up wrong.

    My other point is that Pace +4 does change the value on the character sheet appropriately...sometimes. Adding some edges does indeed update the pace displayed on the charsheet (and by extension in the CT), but effects on items and the CT does not. Now, I am not in the mood to go code delving, but it's either that these edges are hard-coded to do this or that adding/removing edges and abilities are a special case in the ruleset that gets treated differently from effects applied in other ways.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Dune 2d20 #2

Log in

Log in