DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

auto XP for Gold

a coding challenge, to come up with an extension or rule set change to automatically award Xp when a player gets given gold in a parcel

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    a coding challenge, to come up with an extension or rule set change to automatically award Xp when a player gets given gold in a parcel
    Look at the 2E code. If you drag/drop a parcel with coins in it into the party inventory it will automatically add XP values for them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Ok you have to drop it into the XP tab I just tested it. It did not work on inventory drop but I had no idea this was coded in 2e. I've been manually assigning gold XP in Night Below.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    You can use his code verbatim at the moment. It looks like parcels are not changing so should be good to go after next core update as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Ok you have to drop it into the XP tab I just tested it. It did not work on inventory drop but I had no idea this was coded in 2e. I've been manually assigning gold XP in Night Below.
    Yes, you are correct. I meant XP window ;( I did this for the 1e people that use gold/xp rewards.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

like wise i didnt know you could do it in the 2e ruleset

This is very much wanted! Is anyone taking up the coding challenge?

Ok guys after speaking with Celestian I took his code for 2e and modified it. basically drop your parcel onto the encounters section of your XP tab on the party sheet. It will return the "< name of the parcel > [COINS]" with the cumulative coin XP for all coins.

Error for this

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Ok guys after speaking with Celestian I took his code for 2e and modified it. basically drop your parcel onto the encounters section of your XP tab on the party sheet. It will return the "< name of the parcel > [COINS]" with the cumulative coin XP for all coins.
    When I do this I get an error message in the log:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Edit. try deleting the pak file and updating again. I checked the version on the server it it was correct.

This is line 120 to 124

for _,aRate in ipairs(OSE_Tables.expForCoinRate) do
    local sCoin = aRate[1];
    local nReward = aRate[2];
    if sCurrency:lower() == sCoin:lower() then
    nEXP = math.floor(nCurrency * nReward + .5) + nEXP;

--break;
    end
    end
    Last edited by bayne7400; April 29th, 2022 at 20:47.

Thread Information