5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Importing/Exporting custom made content.

With in FGU is there a way to easily import content I have manually made such as weapons/NPC/Feats etc out of one campaign and into another?

I've ran a long campaign and plan to start a new one in the coming months. I'm hoping there is a way I can just copy all the stuff I've created into the new campaign such as some of the NPC/Monsters I've copied then edited, so I don't have to manually create everything again.

Thank you

Open your long campaign with the cool stuff you've made. Type /export in the chat. Enter a name into the highlighted fields. Select all. Drag any custom tokens that you've made and want. Click the export button.
    Ok once you've done that. Return to FG launcher start your new campaign, go to library/module activation. Look for the module you just created from the old campaign it'll be the name that you gave it in one of those highlighted fields.

Now from there if you want the npc, item,weapon, etc. from that module you can just keep the module loaded or just drag and drop a copy in your "new" campaign and unload the "old" campaign module.

If this is a bit much or if I confused you. You can search YouTube for Creating a Module Fantasy Grounds. Let us know if this has helped or if you still need help.

See exporting to a module linked here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-Video-Series

You can also simply copy your existing campaign folder and give it a different name and then load that up one. The latter however is less precise that exporting exactly what you want and will include a lot of stuff (like characters etc) that you don't need.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

does this only export custom content, or everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel View Post
    does this only export custom content, or everything?
    It will export everything you have created in the campaign. If you didn’t create it, it won’t export.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    See link in my signature for some advice on module creation.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Does the module have to be complete when importing it into a game to work properly or can it be updated while playing the module? For example I was going to make maps for a paper copy adventure that I own to run in my online game. My plan was to get the first level of the dungeon mapped out, populated and exported to start playing it. Then in the following weeks finish setting up the remainder of the adventure and export and overwrite my old module file. Will this update in the game properly or does it effectively reset the entire module (ie vision history)? Also with it being a different file would it corrupt the game its being used in?

The module does not have to be complete. But when adding new content make sure you go back to the original and add it there the re-export. You will have find and re-activate your updated module in your library when you go back into your main campaign. Let us know if I explained it clearly enough.

I tend to make last minute changes and updates as my parties play through adventures.

You do want to stay one level ahead if you want to not destroy your PCs vision history. If you do need to revert a map to update it, it will clear the vision settings and tokens. This means that if you don't unshare the map you players can see all the map and if you unshare it they will lose their vision data.

Blog Entries
    There is a section on updating modules in this guide; https://tinyurl.com/ycqxldah

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information