STAR TREK 2d20

Issue installing and logging in

I had an issue a few months back and a few people here tried to help but it did not work. I am getting a error of worts when I install FG classic. I have included a screen cap of the error. I allowed both public and private access in windows firewall for fantasy grounds as instructed. Still doesnt work.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That error is a call to our servers to verify your credentials. Those scripts haven't been changed in several years. More than likely, the FG updater program is being blocked from accessing the Internet by your security software.

Please make sure that the following programs are explicitly allowed Internet access in your security software (Windows firewall and any others installed):
    FantasyGrounds.exe, FGUpdaterEngine.exe

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That error is a call to our servers to verify your credentials. Those scripts haven't been changed in several years. More than likely, the FG updater program is being blocked from accessing the Internet by your security software.

Please make sure that the following programs are explicitly allowed Internet access in your security software (Windows firewall and any others installed):
    FantasyGrounds.exe, FGUpdaterEngine.exe

Regards,
    JPG
    I recently re-installed windows. I am thinking this doesnt have anything to do with windows. Just checked the inbound and outbound rules on firewall. Everything looks good for fantasy grounds. I am wondering if this has something to do with my routers built in firewall?

When an application isn't allowed access to the Internet/network, there is no specific information given to the application; the operating system just acts as if there is no network connection with respect to that application.

Routers rarely block traffic by application; but do sometimes have blocks by server name or IP addresses. I'm not sure why your router would block our server; unless it was blocked elsewhere.

My money is still on a firewall or antivirus.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Did you check that your network is set to Private and not Public?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information