FG Spreadshirt Swag

Tracking Shield Damage with the Pathfinder 2e Ruleset in FGU

Is there a way to track shield damage in fantasy grounds for the Pathfinder 2e ruleset? One way I have seen, is to add a Shield to the Action tab for weapons and use ammo to track health. Any ideas? My apologies if another thread exists for this, but I did not see one and there is no easy way of doing this on the character sheets.

According to Trenloe it might be build into Release 19.

But, until that happens, give this a try: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post591537

I use it in my campaign and it works well.

Hi Stargrove, i've added the extension for the time being. What exactly does it do? How do I use this extension to track shield damage, etc.?

1) Select the Extension before you load your campaign (a bit obvious)
    2) open a character sheet
    3) go to the Actions tab
    4) right click in the weapons area and select Add Weapon
    5) click on the small sword icon until you get to the one that looks like a shield
    6) enter the shields name
    7) enter the shields hardness
    8) enter the shields hit points
    9) you will also be able to setup the to-hit for their level and add damage dice as well for things like shield boss and the like

It is not as automated as Trenloe will probably make it in the future but it really helps to have a place to keep track of the player shields so we, as GMs, don't have to.

BTW...I did not create the extension but was able to get it working in FGU.

Has anyone come up with a good solution for tracking HP on NPC shields?

On the action tabs, we always have a section for class abilities. I add my shield block effects there (RESIST: x, etc), and on the name of the ability I just add HP:40 and manually edit it as needed. Since the damage done is usually after I apply my resist effect, the math is pretty simple (reduce the HP value by the damage I took). It is still one manual math operation, but my fighter shield blocks once maybe twice per combat, so it works well for me.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    On the action tabs, we always have a section for class abilities. I add my shield block effects there (RESIST: x, etc), and on the name of the ability I just add HP:40 and manually edit it as needed. Since the damage done is usually after I apply my resist effect, the math is pretty simple (reduce the HP value by the damage I took). It is still one manual math operation, but my fighter shield blocks once maybe twice per combat, so it works well for me.
    Are you able to explain to me how you do this? I used to play 5E in FG and it was very easy to add an effect via "Add Power" to the Actions tab, but in PF2E in FGU I cannot find a way to do this. When I right click while on the Actions tab I get the options, "Close Window", "Overnight Rest", "Add Focus Spell Class", "Add Spell Class", and "Add Weapon". I would like to be able to add a simple Ability and name it "Shield Block", and then add a [RESIST:5, all] effect (for a Steel Shield) to it so that it can be clicked easily, and then adjust the name to keep track of remaining Shield HP.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Aaron; May 27th, 2022 at 14:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Are you able to explain to me how you do this? I used to play 5E in FG and it was very easy to add an effect via "Add Power" to the Actions tab, but in PF2E in FGU I cannot find a way to do this. When I right click while on the Actions tab I get the options, "Close Window", "Overnight Rest", "Add Focus Spell Class", "Add Spell Class", and "Add Weapon". I would like to be able to add a simple Ability and name it "Shield Block", and then add a [RESIST:5, all] effect (for a Steel Shield) to it so that it can be clicked easily, and then adjust the name to keep track of remaining Shield HP.

Thanks for the help.
    Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post451784
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, your help is appreciated.

This is my first foray into Pathfinder 2E, having been familiar with 5E and Savage Worlds previously. Things are similar but just different enough to cause me some confusion.

Have a good day.

Thread Information