5E Character Create Playlist

Stat Block Parser

Greetings,

My searching skills seem to have failed me. For 5e, is there are parser that will convert a published stat block into a FGU NPC?

Cheers!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

No, there is not, that I'm aware of.

I actually looked at doing one; but the complexity of various stat blocks across different source books and sites makes it challenging to make a one-size fits all solution.

Regards,
    JPG

No worries. I can create them manually. Thank you for responding.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Fantasy Module Parser works to a degree. I've been doing the MPMM book and it does decently.

I can paste in the OCR, but I have to delete Spellcasting action and put it in on the Innate tab, plus change anything in the Bonus Action section of the block to just have [Bonus] in front of the message. Also if anything has (Recharge on a Long or Short Rest) I have to remove that from the parse text and add it back on the Actions tab of FMP. Lair Actions need to be put in on the tab manually, it won't parse them at all. Any action with multiple paragraphs is usually hit and miss, but they are rare so I just make a note of those and correct them later.

Anyway after parsing the NPCs you can export them to a module, then I just drag-n-drop the NPCs from the FMP module into my actual campaign I'm building the NPCs in, correct anything that wouldn't parse smoothly (typically just multiple paragraph actions), and assign a token. Then export that campaign into a module.

I'm not finished with MPMM but once I am I'll have a single module that contains every 5E core monster.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thread Information