5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

CombatTracker Tools

Hi folks,

attached you'll find the new CombatTracker Tools (CTT) for FG2 which will add the following new slash commands for the chat window:

/cts <name>
    Combattracker save; saves the current CombatTracker under as <name> inside the campaign registry.

/ctl <name>
    Combattracker load; loads a saved CombatTracker called <name> from the campaign registry.

/ctd <name>
    Combattracker delete; deletes a saved CombatTracker called <name> from the campaign registry

/ctt or /ctl
    Combattracker list; shows a list of all saved CombatTrackers

/ctc
    CombatTracker clear; clears the CombatTracker

/cth
    CombatTracker help; displays a short help

Credits go to Smiteworks; I just made some code-recycling

Installation instructions:
    Either replace the complete combattracker.lua with the attached one or make a copy and paste of CTLoad, CTSave, onInit and onClose.

Beware - this is a beta release. Use at your own risk!

Any feedback is welcome!

Update 2007-09-17:
    • new version: 0.2
    • new commands: /ctd /ctl /cth

Update 2007-09-12:
    • to do: show a list of saved combattrackers ... DONE (v0.2)
    • to do: command to add saved combattrackers (merge; for adding groups like the players)

Excellent, can't wait to get home and try this.

Well, i test it,
    it work very fine....

thank you for your job.....

hop it'll be in the official release,

(as the Combat tracker script - auto-number names and roll init witch work very well to )
    https://dev.fantasygrounds.com/forum...combat+tracker

it'll be great that FG users can vote for the script they want to immediately see in "FG2 Updates"...
    It's very easy for the dev team to check the script is ok and push it in the update.
    Last edited by zifnab69_fr; September 17th, 2007 at 18:50.

I have loved the idea of this script since the first version, however I can never get it to work. All I get is a message that it loaded my saved tracker, but it just shows up blank. I use /save before I exit too. Any ideas?

The Combat traker must be open before you load a saved CT

i have not actually "installed" this in my ruleset or played with it at all but i would like to know something more about it. as far as i can make out, this would allow the dm to load up the combat tracker, save it, and then do again for another location, another encounter. this is all in prep time, so that game time runs more quickly, with the dm only having to type /ct load room012 or whatever. do i have this right? can we really have multiple saved "encounters" ready to roll?

thanks.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

I think that's the top and bottom of it yup, before I got too involved with it my main PC went *POP* so beyond that I can't say much

Well,
    @ DNH you are all right.

as a gamemaster you can prepare before the game session, some combat trakers (just npc, not with players) and save them with "good names" (sorry for my bad english)
    like for exemple " the tavern " "night wood 1" "night wood2", " the castel"...
    and then, during game play, you can load them if necessary and add the players on it if needed....
    when you close the server and reopen it, the saved combat tracker remain...
    what is very usefull to is that it automaticly roll dices for monster HP and init...

i did not try if it remain when you save it in modules, but i'm sure it do it.

it's very usefull.

excellent! that's great news and just what i was looking for. this was a sticking-point with FG2 for me and almost had me returning to kLoOge!

thanks.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Thread Information