Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Invalid Portrait Parameter Error

We keep getting this error when players bring some of the characters into the game or when they select them in game. Can't find anything referring back to this error.

[1/29/2022 7:13:52 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist_entry_MNM.lua"]:291: setPortrait: Invalid portrait parameter
    [1/29/2022 7:13:54 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00001 (22575)
    [1/29/2022 7:14:00 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist_entry_MNM.lua"]:291: setPortrait: Invalid portrait parameter
    [1/29/2022 7:14:02 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00004 (21967)
    [1/29/2022 8:16:32 PM] NETWORK SEND FILE REQUEST: images/Driftglobe.jpg@DD Dungeon Masters Guide
    [1/29/2022 8:39:23 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist_entry_MNM.lua"]:291: setPortrait: Invalid portrait parameter
    [1/29/2022 8:39:25 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00003 (20664)
    [1/29/2022 8:39:30 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist_entry_MNM.lua"]:291: setPortrait: Invalid portrait parameter
    [1/29/2022 8:39:32 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: campaign/portraits/id-00008 (16524)

Any help would be appreciated. We've tried setting the portraits to 150x150 and .jpg or .png and nothing seems to fix it. Any ideas?
    A nice meal, A good drink and a bar fight..... It's a good day.

Blog Entries
    "MNM" refers to a Mad Nomad extension.

I use most of his and we have not been seeing this error. Make sure you are updated and then turn them off one-by-one to see if you can figure it out. If so, then let him know which one and how to reproduce, I'm sure he will want to fix it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's been happening to one of our players the last 3 or 4 weeks, too. Only one player. Even tried rerolling his character and tried built-in and custom portraits. I believe it's his "Interactive Portraits" extension, but will have to do further testing and isolation after today's game to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    It's been happening to one of our players the last 3 or 4 weeks, too. Only one player. Even tried rerolling his character and tried built-in and custom portraits. I believe it's his "Interactive Portraits" extension, but will have to do further testing and isolation after today's game to confirm.
    We're seeing this with a brand new character that was imported to the game from the player. Any update on this? Oct 31, 2022.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

This has not been an issue in the core rulesets; so it's most likely an extension. You'll have to disable extensions until you find the culprit.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This has not been an issue in the core rulesets; so it's most likely an extension. You'll have to disable extensions until you find the culprit.

Regards,
    JPG
    the mod that's kicking out the error is Mad Nomad's Interactive Portraits, which I turned off. Just not sure what it's conflicting with, but it started after this weeks updates.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

The core rulesets are gradually evolving over time; and extension developers are given 1-3 weeks of notice before each release to ensure compatibility.

Im not sure what that extension does, but you should let the developer know so they can fix it.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    the mod that's kicking out the error is Mad Nomad's Interactive Portraits, which I turned off. Just not sure what it's conflicting with, but it started after this weeks updates.
    I think I saw MNM indicate that he was pushing a fix for this. Not positive though. But check his Discord and make sure you've updated.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LE,
    MNM is My fav, and he is really quick to react when mods need an update.

Thread Information