FG Spreadshirt Swag

LFG Starfinder or pathfinder 1 and 2e maybe 5e (no exp)

I am a gm that has been running starfinder for years but can't get into a game at all sadly and want that to change I hope.

I can't do Sunday nights or Wednesday. I work until 430pm EST.

I know pathfinder and starfinder system inside and out. Dont know 5e but seen it played and easy enough to pick up I think.

If starfinder I would be wanting to play a ysoki exocortex mechanic.

If anything else I can do all other classes as party needs. Willing to fill any hole or role required.

I dont really do min max builds, looking for roleplay fun and ok with no combat for session. I am more about having fun and laughing having good time than worrying about failing rolls or things like that. Not saying I can't make a character maxed out if needed to match party but not looking to do combat only and never roleplay.

I have Unity and original fantasy grounds on computer so able to do either easy enough.

Hiya

I thought I had a group here in Australia that were "keen" to try Starfinder.

I spent a motes on all the gear at the sale in Nov.

I spent time reading several of the core books

I took some FGA lessons

I' had two of the group make characters

Now the rest seem to have backed out.

I'm more than a little annoyed about that, to be honest...

I'm currently seeing if the other two are still willing to give it a go, plus another player from USA east coast

Working on co-ordinating availabilities first.

I've DM'd on FGU before a modest amount, but would greatly appreciate some guidance with Starfinder.

My only other option is to go play with some other group before branching out on my own

Thoughts?

Yeah finding starfinder games are harder. I'm on east coast so if the time works out I may be down for something. I got into play by post stuff because all could find last few weeks.

I run a game in person every week. But found them from work since have so many nerdy gamers in engineering kind of things haha so if looking for some hints and tips on how to run a starfinder game i can support that to.

Sure is you're more likely to run into a sci-fi 5e than anything. I didn't buy all these Starfinder books for nothing and I have gripes about 5e as much as it's pulled many people into the tabletop scene.

Been trying to host a in person session for a while but with the pandemic that's been a no go. I'd be down to GM or be a player in a game hit me up.

But also as for some things to help people get into it. Aside from knowing the rules so well that you can easily help new players or giving them some nice cards that can kind of simplify combat or starship battles for them I found this site.
    https://hephaistos.azurewebsites.net/
    Which has really made it easy for some of the people I've pulled in to make their characters. Hope it helps.
    "Be worms, eat worms."
    -Star Spawn
    Discord: Star_Spawn#1730

Quote Originally Posted by Star Spawn View Post
    Sure is you're more likely to run into a sci-fi 5e than anything. I didn't buy all these Starfinder books for nothing and I have gripes about 5e as much as it's pulled many people into the tabletop scene.

Been trying to host a in person session for a while but with the pandemic that's been a no go. I'd be down to GM or be a player in a game hit me up.

But also as for some things to help people get into it. Aside from knowing the rules so well that you can easily help new players or giving them some nice cards that can kind of simplify combat or starship battles for them I found this site.
    Which has really made it easy for some of the people I've pulled in to make their characters. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the feedback and especially for the link!

I managed to find a group through the FG Academy Discord channel.

I'm still keeping to run something as GM in coming weeks or months, so I'll drop you a line and we can maybe alternate campaign and share the load/fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Star Spawn View Post

For Reg to.

I am down for figuring out a new starfinder game to play in. Life was kinda hectic for bit with work and things but eased up now I think. If we can figure out a time slot to do a game I'd love to play my Ysoki mechanic.

Thread Information