DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Player losing sync with map when maxed

Ahoi.

One of my (potato PC) players kept getting out of sync with the map we were playing on. As GM I saw his portrait vanish from the lower left corner as if he didn't see the map anymore, for for him the map was still opened. I had to unshare and reshare the map again for him to return, but after a short time he vanished again.

Turns out that he maximized the map (first max where windows float on top, not full-screen), once he kept the map in a smaller window it didn't happen anymore.

Hello,
    On my side, when a player backgrounds the map they do disappear from the lower left GM side, but they are still in sync with everything on the map. Might just want to verify that it's not more than the little indicator.

We made sure, he needed to stop using the map as background/maximized to play properly.

The little portraits on the bottom only appear if the user has exactly the same version of the image window open. The backgrounded version and the floating version are two different window types, so the user is technically not viewing the same window.

Regards,
    JPG

Good to know. Unfortunately there were still issues and after several tries he had to keep the map windowed, else the other players could not see his token on the map anymore (the real CT based token, not the small icon). I mean to remember that for me as GM I could see him at first, but then his token vanished for me as well (not entirely sure anymore).

* Can you recreate every time with his character?
    * If so, can you provide the steps?
    * Are you running any extensions that mess with token behavior?
    * If so, can you try without to see if you still see the issue?

Regards,
    JPG

We only play every 2 weeks for 3-4 hours and usually I run 20+ extensions. Will have to see what we can do.

I'm not sure why a token would be vanishing. I haven't heard any other recent reports of that kind of an issue.

However, if you're running extensions, they can be messing with the tokens (including removing them or attempting to swap them); and if extensions are interacting in ways that conflict with each other, it could create scenarios where the token is removed but not swapped or restored. Thus, that's why I ask about turning off the extensions to see if it still happens.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information