5E Character Create Playlist

I have some questions before I invest in FG.

Right now my players are all on roll20, while I'm not happy with the experience it checks certain boxes that I am having trouble finding exact (and recent) answers to.

We have 2 players in multiple campaigns because of time zone are commonly having to hop on to the game from their cell phones on their drive home. (It's NYC traffic, they are going slow enough to look at their sheets and roll from a cell phone.)

Not being able to access the game from a cell phone then is a non starter. All posts are very old on FG making a mobile app, or people having to do some odd jury rig though steam link. Basically I need a simple answer, can a mobile user connect to FG from a webpage and then inter the game hosted by a Storyteller who has FG open.

If that's possible, then comes the next question. We run some very diverse games, and I would want to make sure that FG supported them with the minimal coding as possible.

King in Yellow, Traveller (MG2) and Mage: The Ascension

Thank you all for reading this, I hope this can solve my issues and I can start moving my games over to FG.

The FG system runs as a peer to peer connection between the GM’s server and the player’s client. There are clients available for Windows/Mac/Linux.

There is no mechanism to connect via web browser or phone/tablet app.

Regards,
    JPG

On the up side, you don't have to write code to make FGU playable.

Note that you can grant another player control of a character, and that player can make rolls for those in traffic. They can direct what rolls to make over voice chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The FG system runs as a peer to peer connection between the GM’s server and the player’s client. There are clients available for Windows/Mac/Linux.

There is no mechanism to connect via web browser or phone/tablet app.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you, I hope someday Fantasy Grounds will support that. But for now I guess I only have Foundry to go to as they work from a webpage.

You can remote log into your computer and run FGU from there. I know players that do it.

Thread Information