STAR TREK 2d20

can we creat destructible items?

i looked thru the FG user manual. did not any thing on creating destructible items. i have a glowing stone. if a detect magic is cast on it, it comes back mentalism. BAD in my world. in addition, it is VERY resistant to essence and channeling spells. also it can be broken, not by throwing it at a wall, but by using magics. like a 5th level firebolt spell would have a good chance of destroying it. is it possible to do some thing like that?

Blog Entries
    Just make a "Broken Stone" item and switch out the two as needed.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Just make a "Broken Stone" item and switch out the two as needed.
    that completely missed the point, by a mile. any one else wanna give it a try?

Blog Entries
    Aren't you a charmer. Good luck.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

not really a charmer there buddy!! you just failed to comprehend my OP. i am sorry it was to complex for you, but i just can not dummy it down any more. good luck to you too.

There is no need to be so abrasive Max.

He gave you an answer (indicating he comprehended your OP), you could at least be nice about it.

Set the breakage factor for the item to get something like what you want.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    If someone's reply doesn't answer your question to your liking, it might be prudent to rephrase it. Since this is a Fantasy Grounds forum, people are naturally going to assume that questions are going to revolve around the workings of the Rolemaster ruleset in Fantasy Grounds, which is how JohnD has interpreted it.

Abrasive replies, where you dismiss someone's attempts to help, are self defeating since you will find that people grow more and more reluctant to try and answer your questions. JohnD as a very knowledgeable individual and someone who's opinions I value.

This is, or at least was, a very friendly and helpful forum with incredibly useful input from the likes of JohnD, Sulimo and Dakadin and a great many others which I have found invaluable. If you can show a bit more patience with people you might find the same.

Thread Information