DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Creating New Powers

I am creating individual powers for my characters in D&D 5e and I was wondering: Is there a specific spot, besides a character sheet, where I can locate these powers I create?

I know I can drag and drop from sheet to sheet, however, there are some that I want to create ahead of time for when I want to use them, I don't have to go in and set them up then. Just trying to be prepared for the future and not have to remember to create certain powers later.

Moderator: Moved to 5e
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 25th, 2022 at 16:03. Reason: Didn't list ruleset

Welcome to FG.

For what ruleset? It's best if you ask your question in the forum for the specific ruleset you are playing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I apologize. It is for D&D 5e.

The easiest way to do this if you want individual powers (by that I'm assuming you mean abilities or traits which are not part of an existing class) would be to create them as feats. You can then either share them with the players or create a module of them which you can share with the players or just drag them in yourself.

If these posers are meant to be part of an existing class or race then you can edit the existing race to add them in. So it depends on what your aim is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In addition to saving them as feats, you can create them as spells (and set something other than character class as "source" to make filtering for them easy), story entries (copy/paste rather than drag and drop to add to a character), Racial abilities (if you don't want them to appear in the feat part of the character sheet and note that you don't have to add the whole race you can drag and drop specific abilities), or my favorite is to make a pregen PC with all the powers on it and let your Players do the drag and dropping themselves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If these posers are meant to be part of an existing class ...
    You mean Bards?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You mean Bards?
    haha

Thread Information