STAR TREK 2d20

Please open up the toolsets

I'm attempting to build at least to the quality of the purchaseable materials, but it seems like (other than going in an manually parsing then recreating the XML) I cannot. Something as basic as putting an image into an item description (not as an attachment, but visible) seems un-do-able.

I did some level of querying, and I'm seeing references going back 7 years talking about this, and mentioning (now defunct) Parse5e to do some of it; but it seems like there are tools that are not available to people who have purchased the software. If true, this is disappointing. Is there just something I missed or are we truly locked out of this functionality?

It might be best to know what you are having difficulty replicating or building and also what ruleset. For internal tools, those are being introduced as features within Fantasy Grounds. The latest would be the reference manual builder and the table importer.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

You can now build reference manual material through the standard FG interface (as of a release last month). This allows you to put inline images in reference manual pages. This is the only place where inline images work - whether using the new "Builder" tool or going directly to the XML.

See this video for an overview of the new reference manual Builder: https://youtu.be/Q_TZbU60XfQ
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It might be best to know what you are having difficulty replicating or building and also what ruleset. For internal tools, those are being introduced as features within Fantasy Grounds. The latest would be the reference manual builder and the table importer.
    I'm in the 2E ruleset.

I'm attempting to attach an image into an item in such a way that the image displays in the description rather than a link that opens the image seperately.
    I'm attempting to create a weapon such that looking at the weapon shows in the same format as ones from the PHB Weapon.PNG See right-vs-left.

I'm not even sure what else yet. Can I do full formatting (bulleted lists and the like) in text? I've not see it.

As noted above you cannot 'embed' and image in anything other than a reference manual page. So the only option for Story, items, NPC, and anything else is to include a link to any image that you want to use.

Most areas will take formatted text. You can see by right clicking and selecting the formatting icon where you can and cannot use formatted text.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Note that the D&D Classic (2E) ruleset has a lot of things that some of the other rulesets do not. It may be best to ask specifics on how to replicate something in that ruleset in the forum for it so tat Celestian and the others who use it most can give direction.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensin View Post
    Can I do full formatting (bulleted lists and the like) in text? I've not see it.
    The text entry fields below the Effect Features and Dungeon Master Only headings are formatted text fields.

Information on those fields is available in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ed-Text-Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Its certainly possible to have images in other records.
    Call of Cthulhu and Barbarians of Lemuria NPCs have this feature - it is where the feature came from for the reference manuals.
    So its possible but it requires recoding of wither the ruleset or by way of an extension.

Most reference material today - by some margin - is made wholly within the Fantasy Grounds application. Going forward it is the plan to continue building that out.

Some people do everything by hand in the XML. This option is available to you.

There are some internal tools only available to SmiteWorks - this is true on many platforms. These tools are also non trivial and wont "do it for you". They require a significant amount of effort to learn how to use the tool and then to add all the content in the correct marked up format.

Thread Information