DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Unable to Update Session List from Lobby Server

Attempting to run FantasyGrounds Unity on Win10. Application launches successfully but when navigating to "Join Campaign" no servers are presented. The problem is new after updating FantasyGrounds client. I was not able to connect to DM's hosted server. When DM switched to direct / IP-based connection I received a different error message suggesting the DM did not have an authorized client. (I have played with this DM before and he has the Ultimate license.)

Took a number of troubleshooting steps from disabling VPN to ensuring port 1802 was open in the router.

Any help would be appreciated, gaming night turned into a tech support session.
    Attached Files Attached Files

More than likely, this is caused by firewall or other security software on your computer blocking the FG program from accessing the Internet. Make sure that your firewall only has a single rule for FantasyGrounds.exe, FantasyGroundUpdater.exe, and FGUpdaterEngine.exe.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Often times when you update FG, the checksum or other identifiers change and therefore some security programs think/consider it a new program, and hence your old exceptions/whitelist no longer work. In the end, what it means is that after updating you may have to re-do your security exceptions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information