STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    Yes the best way for this to work would be to update to the existing mg2e ruleset to "2022 updated version" and charge a discounted fee.
    At the same time replace the existing mg2e with the newly updated "2022 updated version" in the FGU store.mho
    As far as I'm concerned this is far from the ideal way of doing it. It's only been slightly more than a year that I've owned the MgT2e ruleset for FGU and I still can't effectively run my homebrew due to features in the MgT2e core rulebook having not been implemented yet. And now it's being suggested I shoiuld pay additional $ while I continue wating - no thanks.

Why can't 2022 update be done the way it was with the Savage Worlds Deluxe (SWD) and Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) rulesets for FGU? With those, I can use all of my SWD content with SWADE, despite the newer edition of those rules having had far more significant changes than MgT2e 2022 update. If therer's a feature in any of my SWD DLC that's changed or omitted in SWADE, SWADE compensates and continues as businesss as normal, with no errors. Meanwhile, GMs wanting to continue with SWD can keep running their DLC withhout problems. If backward compatibility can be maintaind with other rulesets that have undergone much bigger changes, why can't it be so with MgT2e update 2022?

I for one are going to be one unhappy customer if I stop receiving updates to MgT2e because I didn't buy the 2022 update - especially considering some featuures haven't even been implemented yet..

If the 2022 update cost for existing mg2e owners was a small amount it would be fine.
    If the 2022 update cost approaches a complete ruleset cost it would be a non-starter.
    So it all depends upon what that cost might be.

For example an update cost of $10/15 would be great imho and inline with the amount of changes.

Hi All,

So when I built the MGT2E ruleset it was built 'away' from the rulebooks.

So when 2022 Core Rulebook is released, it will come with the same ruleset that the current 2020 book does, and thus when the ruleset is updated, both 'products' will be updated.

At the moment, it looks like 2022 Core books will be new versions as far as FGU is concerned. The current versions won't be retired, as with a lot of RPG's, some people just like what version they're used to.

There's no need to buy the 2022 Core Rulebook, though please do (!), and after speaking with Matt on the cost, it will not be full cost.

The way the FG store works, it will appear at the top when released, but I want to get them to put an advice on the current version to tell people to pick up the 2022. A bit like Amazon does tell you there's a new version etc.

Lastly, @Kronovan, what features from the Core Rulebook are you waiting on?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi All,
    and after speaking with Matt on the cost, it will not be full cost.
    MBM
    thanks for this MBM!

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    thanks for this MBM!
    Hi Adzling,

I hope this is the news you were hoping for.

After speaking with Matt and laying it all out, the pro's and con's and being honest that it's only my time that's used creating/converting content. The Core Rulebook 2022, will be free to all existing owners of the Ruleset. It will replace the current rulebook with images in the store/bundles, but will shop alongside, so you'll have the 2E 2020 book and the 2E 2022 book.

The same will happen to any Core book that gets a 2022 refresh. Free to existing owners, and new owners will get both copies.

Why are they doing this? I think it's down to the fact over the last week we've sold over 1,000 copies of the ruleset, and that there's no ruleset to code, just a book to convert and I don't mind giving my time for that.

Anyway, be nice to Mongoose in the future please, they do listen and they're a tiny publisher.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; February 26th, 2022 at 14:42. Reason: I couldn't spell Core!
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Adzling,

After speaking with Matt and laying it all out, the pro's and con's and being honest that it's only my time that's used creating/converting content. The Core Rulebook 2022, will be free to all existing owners of the Ruleset. It will replace the current rulebook with images in the store/bundles, but will shop alongside, so you'll have the 2E 2020 book and the 2E 2022 book.

The same will happen to any Corre book that gets a 2022 refresh. Free to existing owners, and new owners will get both copies.

Why are they doing this? I think it's down to the fact over the last week we've sold over 1,000 copies of the ruleset, and that there's no ruleset to code, just a book to convert and I don't mind giving my time for that.

Anyway, be nice to Mongoose in the future please, they do listen and they're a tiny publisher.

Cheers,
    MBM
    That is amazing, nice gesture.

However, MBM is taking a hit here, as are Mongoose. You think any of the big publishers would do this? Nope. So that makes it extra decent of Mongoose and MBM!

Hi Adzling,

The same will happen to any Core book that gets a 2022 refresh. Free to existing owners, and new owners will get both copies.

Cheers,
    MBM
    MBM this is FANTASTIC news.
    I do think Matt and Mongoose try to do the right thing and my experience with them has been far superior to other RPG publishers.
    This 2022 updates news does elevate Mongoose further in my eyes.
    They are doing the right thing to support their customers and I will continue to sing the praises of your traveller implementation on FGU ;-)
    great stuff!

Hi Adzling,

Cheers,
    MBM
    This is awesome news and really shows that Mongoose/Smiteworks seems to care about the players. Makes me feel even better dropping more money on this ruleset than I already have
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Hi Adzling,

Cheers,
    MBM
    This is totally awesome news MBM! Thank you for everything you do for the community, it is so much appreciated.

That is Awesome news. Means I can spend money on other Traveller items. Thanks MBM

Thread Information