FG Spreadshirt Swag

PC controlling NPC

Hi all. I need some help please. I am trying to give control of an NPC to a PC. I have added NPC to CT. Made it friendly. Placed token on map. Drop shield icon onto PC. Clicked red circle (ID) on NPC to make it green. The PC can see the NPC sheet. However they cannot select it on the map so cannot target an enemy. Once I (as DM) select the target, they can attack and damage fine. What am I missing. How do I get them to be able to select the NPC so they can target? Sorry if dumb question. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

The order would be place on the CT; make friendly; add to map; drag to PC portrait. I suspect that making it friendly after giving the PC control might be the issue. See this video here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...176#post387176
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There is also a free extension on the Forge that does this kind of thing in 5E - though I'd research it for yourself first. "Friend Zone" https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/170/view
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Don't you need to set the option Party Vision and Movement to On?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, on reading the OP again that seems to be the likely issue. I misread what the problem was (the clicking the ID thing kinda threw me a bit since that suggests that the NPC was unidentified - which further suggests that they haven't used a copy of the NPC but rather the original). At any rate you will need to switch on Party movement in options if you want players to be able to move the tokens.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you. I thought I did make it friendly before dragging to PC, but good point and I will try again just to be sure. Another suggestion was that I turn on Party Vision and Movement in options. Am going to try both tonight. Thanks again for responding.

Thanks. Will try that. Thanks for responding.

Looks good. Will investigate further what it does. Cheers

Blog Entries
    So Party Vision and Movement allows all connected players to see the LOS of all friendly tokens, and to move them all. If you don't want that (either aspect) but only want certain players to cntrol movement and see the LOS of certain friendly NPCs, I thin their are extensions that do that on the Forge.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information