5E Character Create Playlist

Resizing map image on one side

An image on a map has those white squares to grab and resize it. Is there a way to make it so it only resizes in one direction rather than uniformly on both sides of the axis? I've tried combos of alt, shift and ctrl but no luck.

I'm working with FGU 5E if that matters.

Drag the white square in the middle of the left or right side or the middle of the top or bottom. Only the squares on the corners drag it out uniformly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Huh, the squares in the middle are resizing the image uniformly. Not on both axes, mind you, just one. IE: If I click the middle right square and drag outward, it increases the size both to the left and right. I think you're telling me it should only increase in size to the right, which is what I would expect and what I'm looking for.

I'm using FGU 4.1.13, tried with no extensions enabled. If it is a bug I'd like to give more info, but I'm not entirely certain the Most Correct (TM) way to do that.

Ok, I don't think you can move just one side. Not really sure how you could do that really under any circumstances. I was thinking you wanted to stretch the image either horizontally or longitudinally which is what dragging the centre point would do. You have to keep some symmetry so it you could drag just one side it would stretch just that bit and you'd end up with a weird half stretched image.

What is it you are trying to achieve?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm looking for a more convenient way to get new images to the right size. Say I've got a map, setup all purty with walls, terrain, the works. Now I want to drop a new image and fit it in to show the env is changes.

What I do now is:
    1) bring the new image in
    2) Put it in about the right spot, touching a wall on its left side
    3) It's too narrow, let me just pull the right side out to match the wall there
    4) Oh darn, now the left isn't touching that wall, let me reposition it
    5) oh double darn, it's actually too big now
    6) repeat 2 - 5 until I'm good

I get what you're saying with the half stretched image, but that would only happen the center point stays stationary. I can imagine that moving as you scale out on one side, or even keep the scaling working exactly like it does now and move the image in the direction you're scaling. I think that would effectively automate my steps 2-4.

I don't mean to imply that is easy to implement or even best, mind you, just thinking out loud and trying to paint a better picture of what I was looking for...and soon suggest on the wish list.

Thread Information