DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 52 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Its probably related to Capital Gains. I have a fix that will be up tomorrow.
    The spell damage issue was also reported to me... I dont have this forge extension, not sure if you have mine...

With a messing in your forum I should get a notification if you update a fix for this.. ( Then I can update my thread as well. )

Let me know via dm, if you need access to the extension or not. ( I dont have yours, I have the non-gold old version.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

I have a fix and will be in the next update
    Good Day Rhagelstrom
    Thanks for the quick response!

Version Update: 5.2
    Feature: Conditional operator ATKDIST returns true if the distance between the attacker and target is <=. Only valid with IFT. No targeting required
    Feature: Option to turn off performance logging
    Fixed: Conflict with Capital Gains and probably others
    Fixed: Script error when damage applied is negative
    Fixed: Ongoing saves not completly working as intended
    Fixed tags SDMGOS,SREGENS, STREGENS, SDMGOE, SREGENE, STREGENE firing when the were not suppose to
    Fixed: Conditional Operators ADV/DIS not working in some situations
    Under the Hood: Formatting
    Under the Hood: Luacheck for automated code warning/error checking

I think this should fix the b9 issue but if it doesn't let me know and I'll take another look at it.

Sneak attack should be fully automated now. It's a mouthfull however and I'll probably make a macro in the future so it isn't so complicated but you can get there with the raw codings. See below and also examples on how to use some of the new conditional operators
    Code:
    Sneak Attack Range; ATURN; IF: !ADV; IF: !DIS; IF: ATK(weapon); IFT: RANGE(5,enemy); IF: CUSTOM(Sneak Attack Advantage); ATKHADD: Sneak Attack Damage; DUSE
    Code:
    Sneak Attack Advantage; ATURN; IF: ADV;  IF: ATK(melee,weapon); IF: WEAPON(finesse); ATKHADD: Sneak Attack Damage; DUSE
    Code:
    Staff of the Magi; ATK: 2 spell
    Fire Elemental [NPC]
    Code:
    Fire Form; IFT: ATKDIST(5,melee); TATKHDMGS: 1d10 fire

Its probably related to Capital Gains. I have a fix that will be up tomorrow.
    I'm afraid the fix did not actually fix the issue with Advanced Spell Damage.

Here's an example of the issue:

Screenshot 2023-02-15 232353.png

The Warlock in the screenshot casts Hellish Rebuke on the enemy, using a 3rd level spell slot (the 3 highlighted in blue). The spell is supposed to calculate automatically the damage as if cast at 3rd level, but as you can see in the chat it rolls damage as if it was a 9th level spell slot.
    I do NOT have the Capital Gains extension, so it's not related to that. In the screenshot above I enabled only BCEG and Advanced Spell Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    I'm afraid the fix did not actually fix the issue with Advanced Spell Damage.

Here's an example of the issue:

Screenshot 2023-02-15 232353.png

The Warlock in the screenshot casts Hellish Rebuke on the enemy, using a 3rd level spell slot (the 3 highlighted in blue). The spell is supposed to calculate automatically the damage as if cast at 3rd level, but as you can see in the chat it rolls damage as if it was a 9th level spell slot.
    I do NOT have the Capital Gains extension, so it's not related to that. In the screenshot above I enabled only BCEG and Advanced Spell Damage
    The main issue, after looking, is that both extensions change 'getPCPowerAction' but dont call the original function... So in this case BCEG replaced the version in ASD which replaces the ruleset version. ( Also some other issue with NPC character sheet interaction that I did not look into... the drag from a npc sheet instead of the CT damage... )

Not sure on a good solution to this.. will have to have a think.. and maybe some DM chat between the extensions.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    The main issue, after looking, is that both extensions change 'getPCPowerAction' but dont call the original function... So in this case BCEG replaced the version in ASD which replaces the ruleset version. ( Also some other issue with NPC character sheet interaction that I did not look into... the drag from a npc sheet instead of the CT damage... )

Not sure on a good solution to this.. will have to have a think.. and maybe some DM chat between the extensions.

-pete
    I'll DM you and we will get it sorted

Version Update 5.3
    Feature: Macros tags SNEAKATK, RAKISH, for rogue sneak attack automation and rakish audacity - Requires Advanced Effects Extension
    Fixed: Some tags without modifiers not processing

The previous sneak attack codings were not quite correct. You can code Sneak Attack and Rakish Audacity with but the entire thing gets to be a long mess. The macros make it much easier.

Code:
    Sneak Attack; SNEAKATK; ATURN
    Code:
    Rakish Audacity; RAKISH; ATURN

If you use RAKISH, you don't also need SNEAKATK as RAKISH takes care of everything.

Damage is determined based on rogue level. If you want damage based on a class other than rogue, then you would code it like the following:
    Code:
    Sneak Attack; SNEAKATK: homebrewclass; ATURN

If you have "Insightful Fighting" you can add that effect to the rogue and then make that effected a targeted effect to whatever enemy you are fighting. This will allow SNEAKATK to also grant Insightful Fighting when it applies.

SNEAKATK also works on NPCs, where the damage is based on the CR (half rounded up) of the NPC.

Version Update: 5.4
    Fixed: OOB.type for client SNEAKATK support
    Fixed: On add tags not doing something when target is self
    Fixed: Tags without modifiers not processing
    Fixed: 5E effects with the tag LIGHT were being prevented from being disabled
    Fixed: Reported situation where rSource is nil where it shouldn't be. Likely another extension or ruleset bug. Log to console and fail silently
    Fixed: STURNRE/STURNRS needs adjusting with refactor
    Update: Database calls for how SW wants them with the next update

I assume this update does not address (yet) the compatibility issue with B9's advanced spell damage; I was wondering if you guys found a way forward and we can hope to be able to use the two extensions together again in the future, or if it looks like it won't be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    I assume this update does not address (yet) the compatibility issue with B9's advanced spell damage; I was wondering if you guys found a way forward and we can hope to be able to use the two extensions together again in the future, or if it looks like it won't be possible?
    We talked about it and have a path forward but are waiting on the SW update since that also sort of comes into play.

Thread Information