FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 29 of 52 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Why are they taking 0 damage? Is it because immune? or is it because they have temp HP and it's being absorbed?

Because it will not go off is it's immune or taking 0 damage. It will only go off if they take damage to temp or HP.
    I said DR before but I meant DT. If they take 0 due to DT it will also go off. But DR being 0 damage, it wont go off.
    In my testing, I just applied a -20 modifier to the damage roll to ensure that the end result of the roll was 0, and in that instance, the effect also failed to activate.

So my current understanding of what you're saying is that the DMGAT effect will only activate if the target:
    1. Takes an amount of HP damage equal to 1 or more.
    2. Takes an amount of temp HP damage equal to 1 or more. (assuming your settings are set to treat temp HP damage as damage)
    3. Takes no damage due to having a damage threshold which the damage taken value did not exceed.

The reason the effect doesn't fit for the Motivational Speech spell is that the language of the spell stipulates you will get advantage on your next attack after you've been hit with an attack. How much damage you have to take from that hit appears to be immaterial.
    You could be immune to the damage type and thus take no damage, but you should still proc the effect.

At present I don't see a way to code it to automate that. To me it seems like my best bet if I want the automation is to make a small house rule change to the language of the spell to specify that you have to take at least 1 point of damage (temp or otherwise) in order to gain the benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    In my testing, I just applied a -20 modifier to the damage roll to ensure that the end result of the roll was 0, and in that instance, the effect also failed to activate.

So my current understanding of what you're saying is that the DMGAT effect will only activate if the target:
    1. Takes an amount of HP damage equal to 1 or more.
    2. Takes an amount of temp HP damage equal to 1 or more. (assuming your settings are set to treat temp HP damage as damage)
    3. Takes no damage due to having a damage threshold which the damage taken value did not exceed.

The reason the effect doesn't fit for the Motivational Speech spell is that the language of the spell stipulates you will get advantage on your next attack after you've been hit with an attack. How much damage you have to take from that hit appears to be immaterial.
    You could be immune to the damage type and thus take no damage, but you should still proc the effect.

At present I don't see a way to code it to automate that. To me it seems like my best bet if I want the automation is to make a small house rule change to the language of the spell to specify that you have to take at least 1 point of damage (temp or otherwise) in order to gain the benefit.
    You are really looking for a "on successful attack" trigger which there isn't one. DMG tags are just that, do things on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    You are really looking for a "on successful attack" trigger which there isn't one. DMG tags are just that, do things on damage.
    That's about what I figured.

I am really at a loss. I'm sure I'm overlooking some simple solution. I am using one of your pre-written effects and I'm not seeing it work. The example I am using is a DMGRT in your turned effect. I'll include images below. My understanding is that the effect line is supposed to automatically disappear when the target takes damage. I apply it to the target, I roll damage, the target takes damage but the effect line stays there. I pass initiative to a new round and do more damage and same. Am I misunderstanding DMGRT?

screenshot0004.png
    screenshot0005.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    I am really at a loss. I'm sure I'm overlooking some simple solution. I am using one of your pre-written effects and I'm not seeing it work. The example I am using is a DMGRT in your turned effect. I'll include images below. My understanding is that the effect line is supposed to automatically disappear when the target takes damage. I apply it to the target, I roll damage, the target takes damage but the effect line stays there. I pass initiative to a new round and do more damage and same. Am I misunderstanding DMGRT?

screenshot0004.png
    screenshot0005.png
    Need to put a damage type after it.

DMGRT: all
    or
    DMGRT: fire
    If you only want fire as one that will trigger it. Using all of course will cause any damage to trigger.

Thanks! I knew it was something simple. I just assumed leaving it null would mean all types of damage.

I do have one more issue that I forgot about because I gave up a long time ago. I have issue with the ABSORB function. Is that a problem with BCEG or the actual ABSORB effects module? I input into the target creature "ABSORB: lightning" without the quotes and I get this error... see image:

absorb.png

I do have one more issue that I forgot about because I gave up a long time ago. I have issue with the ABSORB function. Is that a problem with BCEG or the actual ABSORB effects module? I input into the target creature "ABSORB: lightning" without the quotes and I get this error... see image:

absorb.png
    I'm not getting this error, can you explain it more?

You can also contact me on discord for faster replies.

Also Absorb is from Blissful Ignorance EXT.

absorb.png

There are two exts that do ABSORB Blissful Ignorance (free) and Absorb Effect (paid). The error you are seeing is from a part of the code (applyDamage) that BCE doesn't touch but a lot of other extensions do. The error is probably from something else although it is possible BCEG is doing something prior that is priming things for such an error to be thrown.

Thread Information