STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 53 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Pulled in the fixes from BCE

Version Update: 3.15
    Fixed: EXPIREADD adding twice....again
    Fixed: Rare script error with ongoing saves
    Fixed: Potential script error with experimental parsing
    Added: Save icon for save messages output to chat
    Added: (5E) Option to add or not add prone to unconscious NPCs with Undead Fortitude trait
    Documentation update

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Pulled in the fixes from BCE

Version Update: 3.15
    Fixed: EXPIREADD adding twice....again
    Fixed: Rare script error with ongoing saves
    Fixed: Potential script error with experimental parsing
    Added: Save icon for save messages output to chat
    Added: (5E) Option to add or not add prone to unconscious NPCs with Undead Fortitude trait
    Documentation update
    Would the Undead Fortitude issue also apply to Death Ward and Relentless Endurance?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Would the Undead Fortitude issue also apply to Death Ward and Relentless Endurance?
    I'd say yes but depends. The issue is when using Automatic Death Resistance extension, the apply prone when unconscious and dropping to 0 hp is rather annoying for a DM with a horde of zombies because it needs to be manually clicked off each time. Anything automated by that extension will have this issue. If you aren't using it, then no problem. Probably the real solution is for that extension to disable FG from adding unconscious for that split second when Automatic Death Resistance is figuring out if the actor is actually unconscious or not and only apply unconscious if they are.

Version update: 3.16
    Fixed: Ongoing saves conflicting with BIDI extension
    Fixed: Ongoing saves not taking into account save filter
    Code Cleanup
    Updated README.pdf formatting

Thank You for making this awesome!

Hey there,

I wonder if there is anyway to fully automate a spell like Enemies Abound from 5E using BCEG. The nuts and bolts of the spell is that the target makes an intelligence saving throw and if they fail they suffer the spell effects, and they can repeat the saving throw every time they take damage. Lastly, the spell doesn't work on creatures who are immune to being frightened.

The first two bits are no trouble to code up with BCEG. I just wrote them like this:

Enemies Abound; (C); SAVEA: INT [SDC] (R)(M); SAVEONDMG: INT [SDC] (R)(M); NOTE: Does not work if immune to frightened, must target creatures at random, must take all available attacks of opportunity

The problem I'm having, as you can see from the syntax above, is that I don't know of any way to code it so that it checks to see if the target is immune to the frightened condition, and just ignores the effects if the target is.
    It doesn't look to me, from my limited understanding, that the IF syntax can be used to check for a certain kind of condition immunity.

Is there a way to do this through BCEG?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    Hey there,

I wonder if there is anyway to fully automate a spell like Enemies Abound from 5E using BCEG. The nuts and bolts of the spell is that the target makes an intelligence saving throw and if they fail they suffer the spell effects, and they can repeat the saving throw every time they take damage. Lastly, the spell doesn't work on creatures who are immune to being frightened.

The first two bits are no trouble to code up with BCEG. I just wrote them like this:

Enemies Abound; (C); SAVEA: INT [SDC] (R)(M); SAVEONDMG: INT [SDC] (R)(M); NOTE: Does not work if immune to frightened, must target creatures at random, must take all available attacks of opportunity

The problem I'm having, as you can see from the syntax above, is that I don't know of any way to code it so that it checks to see if the target is immune to the frightened condition, and just ignores the effects if the target is.
    It doesn't look to me, from my limited understanding, that the IF syntax can be used to check for a certain kind of condition immunity.

Is there a way to do this through BCEG?

Thanks.
    I haven't tried it but is this something that If not untrue effects extension can help with?
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/591/view

Well, I think the problem is that the IF/IFT syntax can only check for conditions (frightened, paralyzed, blinded, etc) and what FG calles conditional operators. Those operators are: alignment, size, creature type, wounded, bloodied and a custom tag.

Checking for whether or not something has immunity to a particular condition does not appear to fall under any of those operators so I suspect that the If Not - Untrue Effects extension, while super handy in other ways, wouldn't solve this issue, since being able to check whether something does or does not have a specified condition or conditional operator isn't my sticking point.

My problem is I don't see a way to check for condition immunity at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    Well, I think the problem is that the IF/IFT syntax can only check for conditions (frightened, paralyzed, blinded, etc) and what FG calles conditional operators. Those operators are: alignment, size, creature type, wounded, bloodied and a custom tag.

Checking for whether or not something has immunity to a particular condition does not appear to fall under any of those operators so I suspect that the If Not - Untrue Effects extension, while super handy in other ways, wouldn't solve this issue, since being able to check whether something does or does not have a specified condition or conditional operator isn't my sticking point.

My problem is I don't see a way to check for condition immunity at all.
    Yeah I understand the problem and I can't think of an extension that does what you want. It might be a opportunity for something like if not true or trigger me timbers if those authors wanted to support something like that.

Thread Information