FG Spreadshirt Swag

encumbrance question

on the character sheet, we have the inventory. i have a character with a backpack. i recently discovered we could put items IN THE backpack. does this increase or decrease dead wt.? same with weapon belt. i see i can store their weapon there too. if i click 'equip' the backpack, i only put 'carried' on the tinderbox, spellbook, and trail rations located in the backback. should i leave the weapon as carried or equiped while in the weapon belt? will the weapon's dead wt change when the character draws the weapon?

Check out Wolfshields You Tube lesson - at 17mins 30secs he covers PCs inventory.

Watch out for the noisy music at the start if you've got headphones on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jooz...Y7ba2&index=12

Rainbird

[QUOTE=Rainbird;636762]Check out Wolfshields You Tube lesson - at 17mins 30secs he covers PCs inventory.

Watch out for the noisy music at the start if you've got headphones on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jooz...Y7ba2&index=12

i have already watched all of those.

and now i pose the same question again. perhaps some one can answer it?

Items in a backpack are dead weight. Items that aren't dead weight are worn clothing and armor.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    It shows you in the video that Rainbird linked to. In the example, he puts the bedroll and the cider in (or on) the backpack.

While the backpack is carried, the weight of the backpack, bedroll and cider are included under the load.

When he 'drops' the backpack, the three items are no longer included under the total load.

Equipping armour means that it isn't included in your encumbrance, but other equipped items are, so whether the sword is equipped or carried, it is still included.

Thread Information