DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Retina Display

Retina Display

Hi,

I use Fantasy Grounds to play Solo, so I open 2 instances of FG. A recent update has added Retina support, but that has caused problems for me displaying the 2 instances on different screens. Every time I open the second instance and drag it to the non-retina screen, it is too big. I make the change and then next time I open FG it is too small and I have to change the scale again. This is getting rather irritating. Is there any way to switch off the retina display mode permanently? The setup worked perfectly well before the update.

Thanks

Gareth

Really sorry I think I posted in the wrong forum, Rookie mistake. How can I delete or move it to the support forum?

Moved to the correct forum.

There have not been any specific updates for high-resolution Mac displays on our side for over 9 months at least. The last update was on Jan. 4 of this year; and before that in Nov 2021. Neither of those builds made any changes specific to Mac, and we haven't changed our build tools since summer 2021.

So, I'm not sure what changed, but it could possibly be something specific to Mac OS updates changing behaviors of applications dragged across screens or possibly a setting controlling how scaling of applications is performed when moving between screen types?

You can change the UI scale of the currently running version by typing /scaleui 50-400 in the chat line or in the settings. However, the settings are saved when you exit, so you would always need to adjust one or the other. While we do perform an initial check when first starting FG on a new system to "guess" the correct initial UI scale based on pixel density of the display showing the application, there is only a single UI scale setting that we assume that users adjust to fit their desired size.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks - is there no way of switching off the retina display in a settings file somewhere? Sorry about the confusion over the update timing, this last year has passed so quickly and I had been living with the resolution problem and only now have got around to asking, so it could well be nearly a year ago.

or even an alternative suggestion.

What I’ve done for this is use scaleui on the second instance.

Blog Entries
    There is no setting in FGU to control retina or not. Maybe in Mac there is, but that would probably affect all applications and may not be desirable. If you get in the habit of closing the GM instance last, it should be the scaleui that gets saved, so it's ready for you the next time and you will only have to change the scaleui on the player instance each time you open the second window. Use the chatline command rather than the settings command and it should be a pretty easy work around.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information