DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question: make reference content copy-pasteable?

Hi, folks,
    I'm doing a commercial conversion of a 5E sourcebook. A couple of the new additions in the book offer an alternate ruleset for inheriting traits from your parents, including for adopted kids. I don't think there's a simple way to use the Races or Backgrounds rules to encompass these changes, so I'd like to have the content in a form where players can copy and hand-paste the extra features into their characters. Now, it seems like users can't copy text from a reference page. Is there another element I could use that would allow players to copy from?

Obviously the best answer would be to amend the ruleset, but sadly I think that's beyond my skills (and the publisher's budget). Thanks as always for y'all's time and help!
    -Fran Stewart

Blog Entries
    Don't think so. But wat if you look at the personality traits sections and how those can be dragged into the character sheet? Might that get you wat you need?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Instead of copy/pasting you want to be looking at dragging and dropping I think. If you are creating something which players can use to create characters then those parts (races, classes, backgrounds etc) should be included in a separate players module which players can access and drag/drop that content into their character sheets. You could use subraces but if you can't then I'd look at something like feats. You can create whatever it is as a feat and link those to a race or background as needed. Players can then click the links to open up the item and then drag their choice into their character sheet.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I would implement them as feats. They can be dragged on any character sheet to add it there.

For those who suggest implementing these as feats or traits, it looks like one of those will be the best option. Thanks for the help!

Thread Information