DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to manage player access to a campaign?

Good afternoon. I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere so forgive me if the answer is right here on the forum or on the client itself.

How do you remove a player's access to a campaign? I want to keep all but a few players and not hurt their feelings by having them see my campaign running without them. I at least would want to prevent them from being able to see a the campaign under "Join Campaign". It's just too many players but they're still friends and I am in other campaigns with them. Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    A couple of ways. Change the name of the campaign is the easiest, but they will still see your GM name on the list if you still run your games as Cloud Public games. To change the campaign name, when FG is not running, open your FG Data flder and change the name of the campaign folder.

You can also change your game to a LAN (may require port forwarding) or Cloud Private game. And probably throw password on it too.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Change the cloud campaign from public to private means it won't be listed. The players can join with your user name Luna Fuerte and if you want to further restrict access add/change the campaign password.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for responding so quickly. So if I change the cloud game from public to private and change the campaign name, then they will only see my name if they search for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Fuerte View Post
    Thank you for responding so quickly. So if I change the cloud game from public to private and change the campaign name, then they will only see my name if they search for me?
    Change the campaign from public to private. Private means your games won't show up in the lobby at all.

If you want your game to show up in the lobby then leave it public - the current campaign name will also show.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Change the campaign from public to private. Private means your games won't show up in the lobby at all.

If you want your game to show up in the lobby then leave it public - the current campaign name will also show.
    I see. Whenever they go to Join Campaign and it lists the history of previous campaigns they've joined, it will not be visible there?

Blog Entries
    The previous campaign will show in the history, but if you have changed the name it won't show green. And if you are Cloud Private it won't show on the list. And if you add a password, and they guess you are online and try to connect with your GM name, they will get denied when FG asks for the password. They will know you are online, but not wat campaign you are playing (you could be doing development or prep, no way for them to know).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The previous campaign will show in the history, but if you have changed the name it won't show green. And if you are Cloud Private it won't show on the list. And if you add a password, and they guess you are online and try to connect with your GM name, they will get denied when FG asks for the password. They will know you are online, but not wat campaign you are playing (you could be doing development or prep, no way for them to know).
    Thanks so much, that sounds like the best solution. You lot are the best.

Thread Information