STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    I just noticed that a controlling user appears, is this going to be released or is it in the test channel?

This move to take possession through the CT is an extension, is it scheduled to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I'll try to do some tests on this, because in the MERP adventure one of the players was lucky and got a Warg as an "ally|mascot" but because of complications everyone and especially the master delegates actions to the NPC which is his thing and I think that wrong, I believe that if he manages to move, attack and have access to his spreadsheet information, he will have more freedom and autonomy over an NPC that is exclusive to him!
    He should be able to do all of that if you share the NPC sheet and make him the owner of the NPC on the Combat Tracker. Sharing the NPC sheet will give him the ability to see that information information like you can. Giving ownership will allow attacks and movement. The only time things need to be closed/opened again are the very first time things are setup as the owner. After that it should work without issue.

It will be part of the ruleset and should be available on 2/15 during the releases that day as long as I don't encounter any issues that need to be reworked. This was my third attempt since the other 2 had too many issues but it is looking solid so far.

I understand 2/15 we will have this wonderful addition.
    The steps to use it are:
    1 - Have Players connected to the table and added to the Party Sheet and Combat Tracker.
    2 - Choose the NPC and duplicate it to make it unique and editable.
    3 - Add it to Combat Tracker and change it to Ally.
    4 - Close and Open Combat Tracker.
    5 - Give possession of the NPC to the Player.
    6 - Share the NPC (General) or with the Specific Player (Optional) to serve as a reference base.

Did I describe the steps well?
    But the case is, only you as a developer can handle this wonder or I going to the Test Channel or the Development Channel can use this wonderful resource.

This is great news - You've just made a couple of my players very happy. Thanks Dakadin.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I understand 2/15 we will have this wonderful addition.
    The steps to use it are:
    1 - Have Players connected to the table and added to the Party Sheet and Combat Tracker.
    2 - Choose the NPC and duplicate it to make it unique and editable.
    3 - Add it to Combat Tracker and change it to Ally.
    4 - Close and Open Combat Tracker.
    5 - Give possession of the NPC to the Player.
    6 - Share the NPC (General) or with the Specific Player (Optional) to serve as a reference base.

Did I describe the steps well?
    But the case is, only you as a developer can handle this wonder or I going to the Test Channel or the Development Channel can use this wonderful resource.
    Step 4 only needs to be done by the player if they already have the Combat Tracker open so that it refreshes the icons for them and would happen after setting them as the controlling player (owner).

I only have access to it right now because I have a few things more to do. It will be on the Test channel a few days before 2/15 usually on the Friday before.

This is on the Test channel now if anyone wants to test it and the other changes. Just be aware there are some CoreRPG changes that might cause issues since I haven't had a chance to make the ruleset changes for it yet.

Not used the test channel before. Where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by rdenning View Post
    Not used the test channel before. Where is that?
    You have to go into the settings.

When you first switch, it will copy your campaign to that channel.

The channels all keep their files separate, so there is no overwriting. This can be important if you are switching back and forth.

Here is a video on the test channel.

FYI, I believe the test channel will be promoted to live fairly quickly (perhaps next Tuesday?), so if you don't want to go through the process of changing, you will see the new version of the ruleset pretty soon (baring any showstoppers).
    Last edited by Sulimo; February 12th, 2022 at 20:48.

Thread Information