DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Summoned animals attacks

One of the characters in my game summons animals or daemons.
    I make the beasties friends/ ally and drag them onto him so he can see the stats etc.

At present he cant actually roll the attaches himself. I have to do that.

I asked this question a while back and at the time I think there was some thought of a method to allow player summoners to directly control the animals.

is there any development on this?

cheers

Unfortunately, I haven't made progress on this. I can't really provide access for the NPCs on the combat tracker because that causes quite a few problems that were tough to track down just the for the PCs. I need to make the attacks so they can be rolled from the NPC sheets instead. Then when you share them they should be able to roll them.

OK well thanks any way for all the work on this. My party are 3rd / 4th level so had some decent time in the system on FG (and about 30 years with the books before then!)

Quote Originally Posted by rdenning View Post
    OK well thanks any way for all the work on this. My party are 3rd / 4th level so had some decent time in the system on FG (and about 30 years with the books before then!)
    It's on Dakadin's 'wish list'. Follow the link on the bottom of his sig (if you haven't already) and cast a vote.

I guess a work around would be to create a few spare PC characters/animals/whatever and assign them to the relevant player.
    I'm thinking of giving this a go with my PCs horses for the charging attacks...

Rainbird

A workaround, would be to have the GM roll the attack like you are doing now and then have the PC roll high open-ended. You can drag that roll to the Roll field in the Table Resolver and it will update with the new value.

I started working on this and it is a lot more complicated than I even though but I am making progress. I actually deleted my initial attempt at it last night because things were working quite the way I was expecting. I have a different approach that is working much better but I am trying to track down all the possible issues still.

Hi rdenning,

I finally got this working after the 3rd attempt. The GM will be able to setup a Controlling User for NPCs in the Combat Tracker:
    NPC Controlling User - GM.JPG

The drop down list will contain any users that have characters in the campaign and will add users when they login. You just have to open the list again to get the updates. This should allow the GM to set it up even with the users not logged in if they have a character in the campaign.

When set it gives the user access to the NPC in the Combat Tracker. The user will have to close and open the Combat Tracker to see the Move, Attacks, Defenses and Effects icons if they already have the Combat Tracker open.

They can update the NPC in the Combat Tracker including making attacks and adjusting parry just like they do with their characters. They can also move the NPC on the map and target using Ctrl+Click. The map will need to be closed and reopened by the GM if it is already open when the user gets setup to control the NPC.

I still need to test it live but I had one of my players connect so I could find all the limitations for it and it works really well just with the few things to be aware of that I mentioned above. I think they only thing that can't be done is rolling initiative now. I missed the cut off for a release this Tuesday so it will be released on 2/15. I am going to add the ability to roll the initiative using the Init field on the Combat Tracker and I think that will cover everything.

Here is what it looks like from the user's side:
    NPC Controlling User - User.JPG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

That looks great. As soon as that goes live we can feedback We play weekly and the summoner(my son who joins us from university for this once a week) basically summons demons or animals and uses them in combat.
    We play on a wed so week after next we should be able to do this.

Let's see if I understand correctly:
    I can for example take a wolf, put him as an ally (green face in combat tracker) and then he will be visible for players to attack with him, players could move that ally NPC and more I could share this NPC's spreadsheet so that the player has access to the NPC sheet stuff?

Hi yako2020,

They don't even have to be green. They get access to the NPC's entry in the Combat Tracker just like they have access to their PC in the Combat Tracker. If you want them to see the NPC sheet then just share that with the user by dragging the link to their portrait or sharing it with the entire party. They can also move them on the map but that brings up a good point. I didn't test the movement when they aren't green (friendly). I will test that also. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

I'll try to do some tests on this, because in the MERP adventure one of the players was lucky and got a Warg as an "ally|mascot" but because of complications everyone and especially the master delegates actions to the NPC which is his thing and I think that wrong, I believe that if he manages to move, attack and have access to his spreadsheet information, he will have more freedom and autonomy over an NPC that is exclusive to him!

Thread Information