DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP: Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Role Play Heavy, Sandbox

This one's closed for now. I'll let you know all know if a new spot opens up in the future!

FG License: Ultimate, Unity
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: CST
    Day of week and time: Monday from 6-9 PM CST

Duration & Frequency: Weekly, 3 hour sessions; RP by text between sessions intermittently
    Term: 56 sessions in so far, half-way into Tier 2 play; the game uses Ghosts of Saltmarsh content and the greater Greyhawk campaign setting, but does not follow the GoSM adventure module, we're off the edge of the map mate!

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70% role-play / 30% combat on average
    Number of Players in game & needed: 6 players currently, all filled up
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, standard start within the context of the game (I use a catch up XP mechanic to level new people up quickly, but you will have to start at the bottom)
    Character restrictions: Greyhawk campaign setting appropriate races & classes only

Details of your scenario: Many thanks for all the interest last time around, we're got a full house of 6 players at the moment, but if things change this will be the first place you'll hear about it.

We're using the Ghosts of Saltmarsh, and the Greyhawk setting more broadly as the foundation for the game, but I've made substantial alterations & additions to the base material as far as the actual adventures go. If you've played or read through the book, that information won't have much relevance here beyond lending you familiarity with the setting.

I'm running the game as an open sandbox. There is a large online wiki to keep the world up to date and chart the player characters' activities as they wander through it. This isn't a game where an adventure is put in front of the party and they're guided through a linear story, this is a game where the players' initiative, and the choices they make in the pursuit of their goals create the story. Every player character in the game has a back story to fit them into the world, and at least one personal character arc to work through, and they're apt to need the party's support to see things through to resolution.

It's a game with a focus on gritty realism, within the context of a high fantasy world. The economics of the game have been redone to put a focus on resource management, and the combat is both challenging and dangerous. Your character will have a decent chance of failure, they'll have a decent chance of injury; they're going to pick up scars along the way. You'll fit in best if you're the kind of person who doesn't give up or get mad in the face of failure and defeat, but rather sees them as an opportunity for growth, and a spice to make the sweet taste of victory all the better in the end.

Lastly, it's a game with an emphasis on role-playing; there are sessions that involve a good dungeon crawl, but there are also sessions that barely see dice rolled; and we can spend a good hour and a half in combat just as easily as we can role-playing through a tavern scene to flesh out the world the characters live in and what their place within it feels like.

If that sounds like your kind of game, feel free to PM me directly if interested or reach out on Discord via drmusmus#8730.
    Last edited by jfg1984; December 1st, 2022 at 03:26.

Interested in the campaign.
    Last edited by Klaatu_the_druid; January 25th, 2022 at 00:43.

Hi! I'm really interested in joining this if there are spots available.
    My discord is lucs#7822

Thanks for the interest. I'm on discord as well at drmusmus#8730.

Most people who asked about joining just reached out directly through DM's either here on the forum or discord, and thanks again to everyone for all the interest there.

We did settle on a new player for the 6th spot at the table and have him all onboarded and ready to start from this upcoming Monday ...

However ... We also had a member of the group leave the table, leaving us with another potential spot to fill. There are currently 3 people interested and going through the hoops involved in joining up. You're more than welcome to throw your hat in the ring as well. Just reach out to me in DM's either here or on discord and we'll get the ball rolling.

That said though, I should probably put something of a deadline on this so that we can make that final decision in a timely manner and not be unfair to all the people who are already waiting for a decision. I'll adjust the OP above to reflect that.

Thanks to everybody who was interested. Gonna go ahead and close this one out and parse through the folks who reached out to pick our 6th party member. Take care!

I am a long time player (1983 D&D and on FG since 2019). Discord is charcon#2910. I am a dependable player

Thread Information