DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Map borked during session - can't play on it any more

Earlier in the week I ran an update for the the first time in a while - we'd had an extended break from playing over the Christmas period, so I jumped from v 4.1.5 to 4.1.13. I then ran a session this evening, and got a few console errors at the start, which I assumed were due to incompatible extensions. However, the session went well until, half-way through, I approved a player's token movement. His token promptly disappeared from my map, and he told me that his view of the map had gone blank. What's more, the map then started behaving very oddly for the remaining tokens. Their line-of-sight shrunk to a rectangular area much smaller than the map, and smaller than the room they were currently in. I couldn't even move the tokens outside that area, though they behaved normally within it, with obstacles occluding their line of sight (though they could see through some of the walls). I restarted Fantasy Grounds, turning off all extensions, but the strange effect persisted. I even checked for updates, and there seemed to be a brief one, but that didn't make any difference. So now we can't carry on playing! I've attached a screenshot of the map - any suggestions? We're using the PF 1E ruleset.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Did you try unsharing, removing tokens from the map, sharing and re-adding the tokens? Its possible just the LOS got messed up, but also possible something got corrupted. If the above doesn't work, maybe its something you can share and someone else can see if they can duplicate?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    What does your LOS look like for that map right now?

Blog Entries
    John shared a link to another thread that might be related.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post636412

The summary, if a map was updated with new dimensions after you started the campaign, then the LOS may not line up with your ongoing campaign. You can try reverting the module back to a base, unedited state to get the latest version of the module. This will undo any changes that you have made to the adventure module though, so please be aware of this. I would recommend making a backup of your campaign folder first for safe keeping.

From the thread:
    You should be able to right click the module entry in the Library->Modules window, and select the Revert option. This will reset all the module data to the default module state without any edits.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Did you try unsharing, removing tokens from the map, sharing and re-adding the tokens? Its possible just the LOS got messed up, but also possible something got corrupted.
    This worked - thanks, LordEntrails! Thanks for your suggestions, too, Doug - it's good to have the Revert option as a backup.

Blog Entries
    Glad that worked, and you are welcome: )

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information