Starfinder Playlist

Font tags in chat log exports have extra # in color attribute

Tried to search for this and didn't see it, it's a simple bug that doesn't affect much (and I wouldn't have even noticed if it weren't for it breaking an automated parser I wrote), but the generated log exports are sticking an extra hash (that is, U+0023 NUMBER SIGN, "#") at the beginning of the RGB sequence in the "color" attribute. For example:

Code:
    <font color="##261A12">Urist: ... Huh.</font><br>
    As per the spec, this is an error, although it seems to render fine and be of little material consequence except, as mentioned, breaking my automated parser.
    Last edited by slitherrr; January 18th, 2022 at 05:59.

Quote Originally Posted by slitherrr View Post
    Tried to search for this and didn't see it, it's a simple bug that doesn't affect much (and I wouldn't have even noticed if it weren't for it breaking an automated parser I wrote), but the generated log exports are sticking an extra hash (that is, U+0023 NUMBER SIGN, "#") at the beginning of the RGB sequence in the "color" attribute. For example:

Code:
    <font color="##261A12">Urist: ... Huh.</font><br>
    As per the spec, this is an error, although it seems to render fine and be of little material consequence except, as mentioned, breaking my automated parser.
    I am guessing this is because internally FG fonts have an alpha tag before the RGB numbers. they look like color="AARRGGBB" and the export is just reflecting that.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I am guessing this is because internally FG fonts have an alpha tag before the RGB numbers. they look like color="AARRGGBB" and the export is just reflecting that.
    Interesting theory, although it would be strange in context since it used to export as #RRGGBB (which is the correct HTML syntax). I would personally just suspect a typo.

It looks like it has been that way in FGU since before the official release. I'll push a fix in the next release to remove the extra number sign.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information