FG Spreadshirt Swag

Module Maps corrupted

I have been running a campaign in 2e for the past year or so. In the past few months, I have been experiencing problems with module maps getting corrupted. This is what has been happening. When I've started a module, all the maps are fine. But a few weeks in, the maps and images get corrupted [I'm guessing an update may be causing this] and all I am able to see is a black screen. This first started when playing Dwellers of the Forbidden City; then it happened again when playing The Ghost Tower of Inverness. I'm about to start Prison of Meneptah; so far all the maps are visible. I'm concerned once we start playing the same thing will happen. I've attached screenshots of the corrupted maps from The Ghost Tower of Inverness. Any ideas as to what is happening?
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like the modules may have been updated by the authors to use FGU tools, instead of FGC tools, which changes the data and token data structures. (which is why we suggest not doing so to authors who ask)

You should be able to right click the module entry in the Library->Modules window, and select the Revert option. This will reset all the module data to the default module state without any edits.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks so much Moon Wizard. That was a very simple fix. I have another issue, more of an annoyance, that hopefully you can help me with as well. This is also something that has happened after an update at the beginning of the year. When I call up the story window; previously it just contained the loaded modules. Now, it also displays the core rulebooks. This makes it more difficult to scroll for what I wish to find. any ideas?

I've forwarded on the question to the DLC developer for the 2E PHB to answer. I'm not sure why the PHB would need Story entries.

In the mean time, you can always filter entries by Group to find ones specific to a module. Also, most modules contain a specific list of Story entries accessible from the Library->Modules window.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
    Thanks so much Moon Wizard. That was a very simple fix. I have another issue, more of an annoyance, that hopefully you can help me with as well. This is also something that has happened after an update at the beginning of the year. When I call up the story window; previously it just contained the loaded modules. Now, it also displays the core rulebooks. This makes it more difficult to scroll for what I wish to find. any ideas?
    You are correct, DMG and MM both have story entries and should not. This was missed and occured when the changes from Core were made. The export process changed slightly and I got it right in the PHB but not the DMG/MM. I will correct those and send a update out.
    Last edited by celestian; January 20th, 2022 at 19:12.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You are correct, DMG and MM both have story entries and should not. This was missed and occured when the changes from Core were made. The export process changed slightly and I got it right in the PHB but not the DMG/MM. I will correct those and send a update out.
    The update went out and should correct this issue.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information