FG Spreadshirt Swag

Book of Elves: traits not applying or applying incorrectly.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or is generally covered and I've missed. I'm new to this application.

I have the 2E players guide and Complete book of Elves installed; and created a Sylvan Elf Fighter-Archer / Thief, and I've noticed a signifigant number of quirks.
    • The +1 dmg for familiar bows doesn't show up anywhere
    • A drag-and-drop elf bow doesn't apply dex modification on attack rolls (yes, I can manually add; but shouldn't this have added automatically? It is listed as ranged and does list dex as stat)
    • The character creation added +2 str and lists that as an ability modifier even though I double checked the guide from with the application and it should be +1
    • Racial adjustments are not being applied to theiving skills.

and so on. Also: there doesn't appear to be a way to spend more than one proficency on a skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensin View Post
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place or is generally covered and I've missed. I'm new to this application.

I have the 2E players guide and Complete book of Elves installed; and created a Sylvan Elf Fighter-Archer / Thief, and I've noticed a signifigant number of quirks.
    • The +1 dmg for familiar bows doesn't show up anywhere
    • A drag-and-drop elf bow doesn't apply dex modification on attack rolls (yes, I can manually add; but shouldn't this have added automatically? It is listed as ranged and does list dex as stat)
    • The character creation added +2 str and lists that as an ability modifier even though I double checked the guide from with the application and it should be +1
    • Racial adjustments are not being applied to theiving skills.

and so on. Also: there doesn't appear to be a way to spend more than one proficency on a skill.
    I am not sure what you mean "+1 dmg for familiar bows". They do get the +1 to hit with bows and that shows up under weapon profs. You have to select weapons you have to apply it to.

Dex for the elven bow is being applied when I tested.

You are correct, the ability score adjustment is applying +2 strength, not +1. I will correct.

Racial and dexterity adjustments are not automated for skills.

Proficiencies are drag/drop, there is no restriction. The tracker for points and points used is not automated because there are a lot of rules and exclusions to costs of them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Familarity.PNG
    This is what appears to be missing. I see it under abilities, but it doesn't appear under skills. That might be intentional.

The Dex modifier seems to be being applied to attack rolls now. Not sure why it wasn't before.

I'm saddened to hear that racial modifiers (and for that matter armor modifiers) are not being applied. It would also be really nice in the inventory to ID what was equipped and have its effects applied.

Finally, it would be nice (and maybe I don't see it) if there was a simple way to see why a given bonus was present. Is there a way to look at that +2 and have it point you to the applied traits?

Also, I had an isntance where I made the race elf, then deleted and put sylvan elf. That resulted in infravision twice. It was a simple fix, but I don't think it clears attributes when what caused them is removed.

Finally: I noticed in the launcher that, if I do something that takes me to a webpage, every time I bring focus back to the launcer, it relaunches the webpage. I end up having to right-click close on the icon then restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensin View Post
    Familarity.PNG
    This is what appears to be missing. I see it under abilities, but it doesn't appear under skills. That might be intentional.

The Dex modifier seems to be being applied to attack rolls now. Not sure why it wasn't before.

I'm saddened to hear that racial modifiers (and for that matter armor modifiers) are not being applied. It would also be really nice in the inventory to ID what was equipped and have its effects applied.

Finally, it would be nice (and maybe I don't see it) if there was a simple way to see why a given bonus was present. Is there a way to look at that +2 and have it point you to the applied traits?

Also, I had an isntance where I made the race elf, then deleted and put sylvan elf. That resulted in infravision twice. It was a simple fix, but I don't think it clears attributes when what caused them is removed.

Finally: I noticed in the launcher that, if I do something that takes me to a webpage, every time I bring focus back to the launcer, it relaunches the webpage. I end up having to right-click close on the icon then restart.
    Some abilities (like the image of the one you mentioned) are not automated for the reasons listed. It's not a set "always works". Its a simple matter to add a skill, like a weapon prof and then let them apply it when it is active to the specific weapon. That was my initial theory on the ability at the time.

Considering it however, it wouldn't be much different than the racial elf bow bonus. I'll change it so it's added to the sheet and the player will need to apply it to the weapon when it's active.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information