STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Token Updates

Token Updates

I noticed that the monster manual has a new style of token, and that this new style of token hasn't been propagated to all the adventures as of the moment (specifically I noticed it while prepping Princes of the Apocalypse) or had a set of updated letter tokens made for it.

If it is a matter of labour for the adventure specific tokens I am happy to dedicate the time and effort, send me a PM.

Unfortunately tokens have to be updated one by one, it is not something that automatically propagates based on selected frame.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Looks like I missed PotA. I thought I had updated all of the earlier adventures - at least for the monsters that are in the Monster Manual, but it seems not for PotA. I'll add that to my list; however it will be some time before I can get to that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Looks like I missed PotA. I thought I had updated all of the earlier adventures - at least for the monsters that are in the Monster Manual, but it seems not for PotA. I'll add that to my list; however it will be some time before I can get to that.
    Any chance of getting the border template in the meantime? I can probably patch one together via the huge/gargantuan tokens as is. But it would be easier not to have to.

I should mention that lost mines is also using the old token format.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Unfortunately tokens have to be updated one by one, it is not something that automatically propagates based on selected frame.
    Only as an end user. If you have access to the module files propagating an updated token through a module for tokens existing is as simple as replacing its .png in the .dat file. The issue being as an end user you cannot do that without breaking the EULA.

An alternative option that doesn't impact the EULA afaik is importing encounters and using batch xml find and replace scripts with regex (using the db.xml). Which is annoying in general, but quite doable and with the right script you will only redirect to mm, vgm and mtf tokens.
    Every encounter link in the stories would have to be updated though. Again, doable with the right scripting. But extremely annoying and moderately time consuming.

It might be possible to intercept and replace via an extension (similar in concept to silentruin's module loading priority extension), I haven't looked into this though so this is just speculation.

(As for why I care, it is probably tied to my being on the autism spectrum and having a strong compulsion towards visual cohesion. If I know I can fix something it tends to sit there in my mind and irritates me endlessly)

Sorry, I can't give out proprietery stuff.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Only as an end user. If you have access to the module files propagating an updated token through a module for tokens existing is as simple as replacing its .png in the .dat file. The issue being as an end user you cannot do that without breaking the EULA.
    I am not sure if we talk about the same stuff. You want the token border to be changed, which will require the ART (.png) to be updated for each token, because the border is not added by the program, but it is part of the image. Therefore the module author has to update each image. Updating the database is if you want to change the token assignment to different.

Are we on the same page?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information