Starfinder Playlist

How do you pick pocket when nobody had pockets?

So my assumption is that the average peasant back in middle ages would not have had pockets, coins I guess would be held in bags? It seems that stealing a coin bag would be a lot harder then picking a pocket.

Blog Entries
    Smack head with hammer, liberate coinage.
    "Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrender their share in the Legislature, and the Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it."

John Adams, July 1, 1775

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."

Ronald Reagan

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

While violent mugging is an option regardless, folks did have personal bags, pouches, and the like that could be liberated.

http://ruthjohnston.com/AllThingsMedieval/?p=1228
    https://www.vox.com/2016/9/19/128655...ragettes-women

Blog Entries
    It has the same meaning as cutpurse. Some game systems call it legerdemain or sleight of hand, but it's still basically used for the same purpose.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-5/CDT (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Recruiting to Run: Rethinking what I want to do over the next few months . . .
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "HârnMaster for Old School Essentials" setting . . .

The small bag tied to the belt is a purse and is not the feminine fashion item we are now familiar with. A cutpurse would literally cut the bottom of this purse to allow coins to fall out. Small knives and razors were commonly used. Less commonly, a ring with a small blade facing the palm.

Thread Information