STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Battle Maps

Battle Maps

Can you guys point me to some cool Battle Map assets? I'd like to have an array of outdoor maps at my disposal. I'm about to begin DM'ing Carl Sargent's Night Below and I'm already in need of one for the very first encounter on the road bordering the Lyrchwood forest in route to Milborne.

FG comes with a basic set of maps you can use for generic situations.

The others listed you might or might not have but it's a good start.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Most if not all original modules don t provide a map for every possible encounters so the converter might or might not add them into it. If it s a random encounter along the road... most likely not. Difficult to plan (even for the DM) everything ahead but you can get ready.

I would strongly suggest you to make a note of when and where players might get into troubles and do some google search as well (VTT battle map forest etc..) or just googling more specifically for the module you are about to play, like "Night below map", some other people might have already made some up...)

@celestian, i did not know FG has some built in...

Thanks guys, I looked through the FG battles maps, there's some good ones included but none for what I'm specifically looking for (outdoor; road with forest on one side). I'm willing to spend some money on some that have garnered kudos and accolades. I also need some more monster and NPC tokens to chose from. Thanks again for all your help, we begin Night Below later today!

Also need some guidance on how to use the tokens and maps already included in FG and how to download and use something from the internet please.

See the first video here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

Tokens you just drag from the assets bag and drop on the PC/NPC token location on the top right of the sheet. Make sure that the NPC is unlocked first.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Go on Pinterest and do a search for things like RPG Maps, Battle Maps, Dungeons and Dragons maps, Tactical RPG Maps, etc....

The caveat here is with online play you are unlikely to find a map that matches 100% what your imagination tells you is "right" for your in-game situation. So, you will quickly figure out what is "close enough" to use as a starting point and then you can add some placeables in FGU and maybe get yourself from say 85% of what your imagination tells you is ideal to say 95%.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks much guys! Zacchaeus that first video vey helpful! Can you guys tell if the image below will work? Is there a video of how to bring it onto the table (already have in as an asset) and add a grid? There's a grid on it but will that work?
    Straight Forest Road (22x30).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Free Sky Days View Post
    Thanks much guys! Zacchaeus that first video vey helpful! Can you guys tell if the image below will work? Is there a video of how to bring it onto the table (already have in as an asset) and add a grid? There's a grid on it but will that work?
    Straight Forest Road (22x30).jpg
    Yeah that'll work fine and you can line up the FG grid with the one already the map.

Thread Information