5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Token Viewing Issue

When a player has control of 2 PCs, and one of the PCs is moved to another map (or deleted) while selected, the second PC is unable to see their token unless it's in a seeable area from the last place the first token was.

This often comes up when players are using a familiar scouting and it dies or needs to be placed on another map.

The only way to get the vison back to the player is for them to close the map and reopen it. (Even double clicking on the token icon on their PC will not do it only centers the map)

I think an easy fix for this would be to make it so when you double click the token icon, that will also select that token on the map giving them vision.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    When a player has control of 2 PCs, and one of the PCs is moved to another map (or deleted) while selected, the second PC is unable to see their token unless it's in a seeable area from the last place the first token was.

This often comes up when players are using a familiar scouting and it dies or needs to be placed on another map.

The only way to get the vison back to the player is for them to close the map and reopen it. (Even double clicking on the token icon on their PC will not do it only centers the map)

I think an easy fix for this would be to make it so when you double click the token icon, that will also select that token on the map giving them vision.
    I think your option is a good idea. but with current setup if I am not mistaken; you can go to the token which was moved to a new map and click on them so that they are no long selected and then it should show you all tokens you own. After that you should be able to see and click on the token that was on the old map.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    I think your option is a good idea. but with current setup if I am not mistaken; you can go to the token which was moved to a new map and click on them so that they are no long selected and then it should show you all tokens you own. After that you should be able to see and click on the token that was on the old map.
    I've not tested to see if that works, however, would still be an issue with dead/deleted tokens.

Just tested this and it does not work. Even if they select/unselect the token on the new map it will not show them the token on the old map of the other PC.
    Last edited by MrDDT; January 15th, 2022 at 23:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

This is an issue with owned NPCs also. For sure I rewrote the Death Indicators to allow double click of the CT entries token field to both center the map and select the token for any owned token (NPC or PC). So this is very doable and not that hard.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I was looking into this one today; but I was unable to reproduce. (see video) I'm guessing that I'm going to need exact steps to reproduce.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I was looking into this one today; but I was unable to reproduce. (see video) I'm guessing that I'm going to need exact steps to reproduce.

Regards,
    JPG
    Your video all 3 controlled tokens has LOS to the other tokens. (It doesn't have vision but it does have LOS). Put a wall up around each token and then delete the selected token (on the GM side) and the player can't select a token they control anymore because they can't see them.

When you only missing vision and not LOS, players can see all the tokens (selected or not) however, when you don't have LOS to your other tokens, you (as a player) can't see your other tokens when you have one selected. So when it's deleted, you have nothing to click on and it ends up like you still have vision left where that deleted token was.

So put all 3 controlled tokens in LOS boxes (where they can't see each other with vision OR LOS), then do all the rest of your steps you did.

I just tried that, and I didn't have any issues. (see video)

Are you running any extensions that might be modifying the default ruleset behaviors?

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just tried that, and I didn't have any issues. (see video)

Are you running any extensions that might be modifying the default ruleset behaviors?

Regards,
    JPG
    Something is odd with your vision on your tokens as it shouldn't be like this, correct me if I'm wrong.

When you click on a token, it should show vision/los from that token. It should not show you allies or controlled tokens while it's selected (Unless they have LOS and VISION to those allies or tokens of course).

This seems to be where the issue is on why you can't see what we are seeing.

Video of what I'm seeing.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AosM2hDUOTatgdpX...fvZxQ?e=cENOtp

I'll look at your video in a bit; but players should be able to see any tokens that they have "ownership" of independently of which tokens are selected. (which is what you see in my video)

Do you have any extensions that might be modifying the default ruleset behaviors?
    Do you have a sample campaign with a specific image and owned tokens where this occurs that you can share?

Regards,
    JPG

I'll look at your video in a bit; but players should be able to see any tokens that they have "ownership" of independently of which tokens are selected. (which is what you see in my video)

Do you have any extensions that might be modifying the default ruleset behaviors?
    Do you have a sample campaign with a specific image and owned tokens where this occurs that you can share?

Regards,
    JPG
    No exts.

I can share the campaign but it's brand new one. If it was my campaign also, it would be many people having this exact same issue. It happens a lot to a lot of people so much so as Silent said above he put it into one of his ext to fix the issue.

Thread Information