DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Creating an NPC

Creating an NPC

I'm trying to create a new NPC. Doing so would seem to be straightforward enough, but I can't seem to add any powers to my new NPC. Dragging and dropping from the powers list isn't working, and there seems to be no obvious way to add powers at all. What am I missing?

Related questions:

1) When I try to create a new custom power, I don't see the "open-book" symbol for my new power on the list. What does this mean?

2) How does one edit the power list for an existing NPC (e.g., eliminating one and replacing with another)? Once again, I see no means of doing so.

While FGU is generally a damn fine program, it's things like this that really turn me off. This shouldn't be this hard. Thanks in advance.

The 4E ruleset was built quite a while ago, and doesn't have the same level of automation as more popular systems. You can not drag and drop from the campaign Powers list onto NPCs, only onto PCs.

To create new powers on NPC, you open the NPC, make sure the record is unlocked, then click the brown slash button which opens the Power editing window, which contains an add button to add a new power by entering the information.

Regards,
    JPG

Where is this brown slash button of which you speak? I don't see it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 5.26.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 5.30.33 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Jerry Taylor; January 13th, 2022 at 22:31.

Oh wait, I've located it. The brown button is almost entirely invisible because it is completely saturated by the green box shading. But it's there. Thanks!

It is much more obvious in my default 4E campaign with no extensions.

When in doubt about behaviors, try making sure to disable all extensions first.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information