Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: Effect Builder

I'm glad people are liking the tool.

@Kel in regards to the deletes, hrm it seems like I broke the buttons while working on other things. They were working at one point!

Also if there are any UI wizards out there willing to lend a hand in general I have a few other quirks about the UI I've been struggling to address
    Last edited by SoxMax; January 15th, 2022 at 13:47.

@plap3014 it does work for 5E! I've been using 3.5e/PFRPG as my starting point since I'm more familiar with that ruleset. However comparing the effects from 5E and 3.5e they're extremely similar and what I've implemented so far is usable in 5E as well.
    Last edited by SoxMax; January 15th, 2022 at 23:11.

Pushed a fix for the broken delete buttons, they should be working again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    Pushed a fix for the broken delete buttons, they should be working again.
    Thank you

I love the potential. as someone that has been working on moving to PF1e, learning the syntax from several places is difficult and sometimes inconsistent (or confusing).

question, the code that is created, I am not seeing a way to copy it (highlight it or a copy button). am I missing it?

an area with links to the mods/extensions this is designed to use (the ones new commands come from) would help new folks I would think

This will be a fantastic tool.

To get the effect out you can Drag & Drop from the effect output to wherever you need the effect string. I had thought that copy/paste was possible but that doesn't seem to be working, I'll have to look into that.

Currently there's no other extensions other than this one. When I'm able to break it into ruleset specific submods I'll def have to list them all in some central location.

Minor issue:

It looks like "Susceptibility" is misspelled as "Susceptiblity" in a few places, including some file names.

I like it a lot! Would be great if something like this would become the standard GUI in CoreRPG to build effects, would make it so much easier for everyone.

I'm releasing the Effect Builder as 1.0.0 today. I've gotten the structure of the code to such a point that adding plugins is possible (I've created 2 already). Also the UI is in a much nicer place.

Going forwards all effects will come from plugins supporting rulesets. But I'll leave the 3.5/PFRPG effects as they currently are in the base extension for other rulesets that benefit and don't have a plugin yet.

You can find the plugins I've created here:
    D&D 5E: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/463/view
    D&D 3.5/PFRPG: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/464/view

Also a big thank you to everyone that started using and providing feedback on the extension already!

Thread Information