DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    This looks really fun! A couple asks that would be really useful for some of us DMs:
    1. A way to change the coin denomination (example: using silver instead of gold)
    2. Access to the table used to generate results, and a way to customize

Did you notice the custom table entry on the panel?

I haven't downloaded yet, so no. Unless you mean there was another way to spot this before buying an enabling.

Is there a default table we can look at, and use to modify or as a base template? Sorry if I'm asking any dumb questions here.

My recommendation is to buy it try it and if you don't want it ask for a refund. You have 30 days.

I very much like the extension. I have a few players that take their chances regularly and everyone at the table seems pretty entertained by what happens. I do seem to get the same roll results a lot in terms of narrative outcomes. They've gotten the one with winning the "luck" potion a couple of times along with a couple of others. When I click on the custom table entry for both boons and consequences the table that pops up doesn't show any of the current entries and it throws an error: Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..n/scripts/button_stringcycler.lua"]:73: createChild: Invalid argument 1

Not sure if those 2 factors are related or not but I would love the ability to look at the stock results, boons and consequences tables to adjust them slightly and add additional lines to better match the specific campaign setting.

I'll take a look today at both. Thanks

So is this the one you are rereferring to?

"[Lucky Night] You cleaned out everyone in the tavern playing dragon dice last night. Not only are you 2d6 x20 gp richer but you won a potion off of a local wizard. The label on the bottle says 'Luck'\n\n Note:This is obviously some sort of luck potion. DM decides what it does"

That as a 1% chance (only hits on a roll of 25) There are some that have a 4% chance but this is not one of them.

Can you tell me what exactly on this picture you are clicking on for the error?
    Attachment 56687

Those blanks are for custom tables to override my internal table. You CANNOT edit the included tables inside FG. You can make your own roll able table. If your link button is showing then that is weird. Hit the clear button and see it if resolves it. the idea is to drag and drop your own table into this spot. I did this on 5e if you using a different ruleset then let me know.
    Last edited by bayne7400; March 12th, 2023 at 16:24.

Okay, I am running 5e so same ruleset. The Lucky Night is one that has come up a few times. I want to say 3 times out of less than 40 rolls but I didn't keep track. Enough times close enough together for it to stick in my mind as an example. To the right of the horizontal line under Boon and Consequence there was a link to a blank table that I hadn't created and clicking on that is what threw the error. When I hit clear the links disappeared.

Sounds like custom tables can fully override both the boons and the consequences, is there a spot that overrides the Carousing Result as well? I don't really want to fully override all of your hard work because the results have been entertaining so far. I just want the ability to add to it or edit slightly to make it fit my Eberron campaign world. For example I would link the inheriting the mine example to some additional tables with dwarf clan name, location in the Mror Holds and what used to be mined from it.

Yeah it only overrides the boon or consequence tables. The positive negative and neutral outcomes have a 33% chance modified by charisma and amount spent.

Thread Information