STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Delta Green Extension - Revised

With all of the heavy changes in FGU and the CoC6e ruleset, it turns out a lot of the code that existed in the original extension had been deprecated.
    Instead of repatching the existing code, I have rebuilt it using CoC6e as a template, and then just modding it to look/act like the original extension. I have also made some changes in performance, so you may have to redo your campaigns. Sorry, but I think you might like some of the new stuff. Because of this I have updated the version to 0.1
    What is different.
    The d100 is now out on the main dice selection (it is now first). Since the d100 is the most used dice, I hated having to dive into the d10 radial to roll it as a special dice. This was so stupidly easy to implement, I kick myself for not doing it earlier.
    Breaking Point does not autocalculate anymore. You now have to double-click it to get it to change to a new value.
    Tickboxes have been added for Permanent injuries, temporary insanities, and disorders. I thought I had these autocalculating, but I must have broken something. I will address this soon.

Weapons - I now have the attack roll synched with the skill required to use. Just bring up the weapon description, and type in the skill. I have it set to autofill using an existing module. Now, when you change the skill value, your weapon skill will automatically update. Don't use any skill with a sublabel (Art, Craft, MilSci, etc.). The system will only pick up the first in the series skill data. If you are using a different skill, just create a whole new one instead of a sub-one.
    Fixed Lethal damage to play correctly with Out-of-Phase.
    Skills - I have it setup that (what I deem) all useless knowledge while you are in play mode. Just click on the edit button to have it show up. I have created a tick box for Combat Skills. I'm trying to get the weapon selection to narrow the choice to only those items ticked, instead of every listed skill. This doesn't work (yet) and you may ignore it.
    Personal Tab has been reworked to make information more easily viewable. Have added tickboxes to track sanity adaption.

What I'm working on (besides what listed), a party sheet, similar to the 5e and 7e rulesets.
    Sanity damage, Called Shots, and Critical Hits.

Many thanks to IanMWard. who's pieced together the original ruleset from scratch, where I just had the benefit of rebuilding off his designs.
    DeltaGreen.ext v2024-03-27
    Last edited by Mach5RR; Yesterday at 06:19. Reason: Updated File Information

Uohhh how wonderful.
    Thank you so much for the great job.
    It is magnificent.
    Eternally grateful.

Hello.
    I have detected a bug. The CONx5 does not autocalculate in the data sheet of the player. It stays at 0.

Another little thing. I don't understand why you have added Dexterityx5 as a skill, when you already have dodge. Is there any reason?

Apart from that, just as a possible improvement, there are quite a few terms that do not appear in the strings file and that would be good for a translation to another language. In the previous version they were reflected.

Another improvement is to add a check box next to willpower to mark when the player is exhausted.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by CthulhuRol; January 14th, 2022 at 19:56.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuRol View Post
    Hello.
    I have detected a bug. The CONx5 does not autocalculate in the data sheet of the player. It stays at 0.

Another little thing. I don't understand why you have added Dexterityx5 as a skill, when you already have dodge. Is there any reason?

Apart from that, just as a possible improvement, there are quite a few terms that do not appear in the strings file and that would be good for a translation to another language. In the previous version they were reflected.

Another improvement is to add a check box next to willpower to mark when the player is exhausted.

Many thanks.
    I'll be posting an update to cover some of this soon.
    "Why is Dexterity x5 a skill?" - I meant to clarify this in my original post. Dexterity x5 is a combat skill (sorta). Its the ability used for pepper spray, stun guns, and shock batons. When I built the weapons, I found some coding used for looking at the skill list and pulling the number back (Anyone interested, it was the coding for determining Max San by deducting your Mythos skill). With that, I was able to set it up that a user could type in an associated skill with a weapon, and it would auto-load the skill value. Plus, when the value of the skill changed, it would update in all of the associated weapons. Except Dexterity x5 isn't a skill. Its an ability roll. And -I- was on the verge of taking major sanity loss trying to get the script to track changes across abilities and skill in separate nodes. So I took the easy way out, and figured no one would mind, and added Dexterity x5 as a skill to resolve the problem.

The use of terms. What the Delta Green file is, is an an extension of the CoC6e ruleset. I've tried to keep as minimal an impact as I could with the coding and terms that I use. Since DG is a spinoff of CoC, it's only natural they share a lot of the same terms. "Dexterity", "Constitution", "Power", "Sanity Points", etc. The terms in the String File cover things unique to Delta Green, or have changed the names from CoC. (Magic Points become Willpower Points, Spells become Rituals, Magic becomes Hypergeometry,etc).
    What I'm saying is, the majority of the terms you are looking to correct come from the CoC6e String file. The DG one just adds to, or overwrites portions of it. When you create your language extension, it should only contain three files. The extension.xml to define the file, a strings file which collates both the Coc6e and DG string files, with the translated terms, and an updated EraManager.xml file, to change the names of the skills.
    Be advised, there are (currently) three skill names you cannot change unless you are willing to edit some files. The "language" skill (it breaks the manager_language2.lua script), the "unnatural" skill (DG version of the Mythos skill - changing the name stops the auto-calculation of max sanity; and Dexterity x5 as I have it set up to auto-update that skill.
    Right now, I'm also trying to figure out how to set string values to equal names from String file. A lot of the scripts have English words embedded in them for output purposes (the action roll will tell you "Critical, Regular, Fail, or Fumble" but I can't figure out how to make it select those words from the Strings file. I can only seem to set them locally, or build a database of terms from the Era Manager and select from there. I may do that in the short term until I find out the easy way.

Okay, I promised you guys an update to fix the listed issues, and v 0.1.1 is now live. Just use the same dl in the first post. One thing I've been working on, and finally figured out how to do, is to break text out of script files and place it in the Era Manager file. I've also got it where you can now change the names of Skills to match your language. Just leave the "special" name alone for the four skills (language, dodge, dexterity5, mythos) as those are the four skills that are being sought by other parts of the character sheet. I still have to do defensive qualities, so please leave those in English for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5RR View Post
    Okay, I promised you guys an update to fix the listed issues, and v 0.1.1 is now live. Just use the same dl in the first post. One thing I've been working on, and finally figured out how to do, is to break text out of script files and place it in the Era Manager file. I've also got it where you can now change the names of Skills to match your language. Just leave the "special" name alone for the four skills (language, dodge, dexterity5, mythos) as those are the four skills that are being sought by other parts of the character sheet. I still have to do defensive qualities, so please leave those in English for now.
    Hello Mach5RR.
    Any news about the incoming update?.

I did a minor update to fix an equipment issue CthuluRoi pointed out. Sorry this has fallen on the backburner, but we've been playing with another system.

Hello, I have added this to my extensions in my FGU appdata folder like I did the older version, but now I don't get the option to set the preset to Delta Green like I previously could when making a campaign. Any help would be appreciated if at all possible, TIA.

Dropped the .ext file into the extensions folder and tried to create a new CoC 6E campaign, but the extension is not appearing in the extensions list. Any troubleshooting advice?

Thread Information