Starfinder Playlist

60 second wait? Seriously!!!

you make me wait 60 secs because i mistyped a search, backspaced two letters and re-entered, but NO!!!!!!

damn it team, i need a solution!!! hackers are doing multiple searches at once and crashing our system!!

60 second time out sir!!!

implement it! NOW!!!

Err... not sure what this rant is about. If you're serious, please provide more information.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

He wants the forum to have a delay between searches to be less than 60 seconds. 15 seconds likely would be a nice number.

Jason

Blog Entries
    Don't use the forum search. It has the wait period built in. Use the Site Search, it is much more capable and has no wait period built in.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Speaking of this sort of thing...

The way FGU processes keyins is different from most other computer applications. If you keyin something then hit delete or backspace to remove something FGU treats this as a "Enter" operation and actually processes the text fully. That means if your keying in a search on a large number of things - or doing any computation that takes a while to process the string then...

And this is the VERY annoying part...

THEN you have to wait for it to finish for every character you delete. The ONLY remedy currently is to NEVER TOUCH the backspace or delete keys for non selected text modification. In other words you better select everything you want to delete in one go. Of course this is still BAD as you will process that too when you hit the backspace or delete key.

Nothing else does this for large data sets or time consuming entries. For very good reasons - as many find out in FGU.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 12th, 2022 at 16:18.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Speaking of this sort of thing...

The way FGU processes keyins is different from most other computer applications. If you keyin something then hit delete or backspace to remove something FGU treats this as a "Enter" operation and actually processes the text fully. That means if your keying in a search on a large number of things - or doing any computation that takes a while to process the string then...

And this is the VERY annoying part...

THEN you have to wait for it to finish for every character you delete. The ONLY remedy currently is to NEVER TOUCH the backspace or delete keys for non selected text modification. In other words you better select everything you want to delete in one go. Of course this is still BAD as you will process that too when you hit the backspace or delete key.

Nothing else does this for large data sets or time consuming entries. For very good reasons - as many find out in FGU.
    It is probably about the FG forums, not FGU itself
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 12th, 2022 at 17:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
    you make me wait 60 secs because i mistyped a search, backspaced two letters and re-entered, but NO!!!!!!

damn it team, i need a solution!!! hackers are doing multiple searches at once and crashing our system!!

60 second time out sir!!!

implement it! NOW!!!
    I just sit back and relax confident in the knowledge that there are 1440 sixty second intervals in a 24 hour period for me to get the search input right before I've wasted a day.

Thread Information